Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Sweet Christmas

A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge: a Christmas card!

Christmas cards already? I haven't even made any Fall cards yet! Lol. I know...many stampers start making Christmas cards months before--some prolly make em in January!??! Well, I'm not one of them, in fact, last year right after Christmas, we bought a few packs of commercial cards on clearance and I thought I'd just send those out. (**OUCH...quit throwing things at me!!) LOl. But, after I was sent this sweet sweet Christmas girl from Sugar Nellie, I am so happy with the results that I just may make a few this year. Maybe not all just like this, but it definately got me in the mood to try some different ones.

The paper is retired SU! double-sided designer paper from I think 2 years ago? I still have about 1/2 my pack left, so I restrained myself from buying the new stuff til I use up a bunch of old. I don't know though...there's some really really cute papers in there!! :) OH YA...I don't have nesties (in case you're wondering)...I just scored it on the back side to get that ridge. Don't look too close--you'll see my mistake =) I made the scallops with my slit punch and then cut the rows and taped them on the back. Thanks for hanging out here this long. Hope you had a wonderful day!!

{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

19 comments:

Rose Ann said...

This is just as sweet as can be, Kristine!! I love that little girl with her teddy, your pretty papers, scallops, and embellishments!!

Renée said...

This is wonderful, Kristine! Love the layout, love your colouring!

Kcherrie said...

This is so sweet! Love that SU Christmas paper. Mine is almost gone!

Lorie said...

Another absolutely lovely card!

Trina said...

Kristine this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love your card!! The image is colored perfectly, and I don't see any mistakes, just one amazing card! Love the ribbon and the charm too! And the border around the image looks great! Thanks for joining in our challenge!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine.. you made me look close because you said not to.. lol and I think you have done a fab job with your scallops. Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Kristine Love the rich colours, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs, Debbie x

Bubbles said...

A stunning card Kristine, the colours are fab, you have coloured the adorable image beautifully and your cutting looks fab!
Thanks for joining in.
Joanne x

Diane said...

Awwww!!!! She's such a doll!!! I enlarged the pic to look at all the details and dots and oh just everything about it is fabulous!!!!
Another one of my favorites!!!

Bev said...

WOW!!! It's a gorgeous card Kristine, the colours and papers are fab!! Love the sweet image too

hugs Bev x

Denise said...

So cute & adorable, love the coloring.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

She is just too too too precious!! And your coloring is fabulous!! I've been nervous to try coloring any of these beauties in yet!!! LOL

thestampspot said...

Oh I don't think you could get it looking that good with nesties anyway! I love this card. Miss Six is sitting with me and she loves it too!

:) Marcia

darcy48 said...

Kristine your card is beautiful and the colours you have used go so well together. x

Els G. said...

Beautiful card! Great choice of colours and DP! Lovely image.
Els
x

Deb Wood said...

OMG this is absolutely precious!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

The colour combination ont his card kristine is perfect. I love the cute image, just stunning. Hugs Linda x

Playing with paper said...

Beautiful card and yummy colours.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

WOW! This is just the cutest card! I need to get that stamp! She is so adorable!!Hugs, Melissa