Sunday, September 07, 2008

Stationary Gift Set

Hello stampers!! What a crazy busy crafting weekend I had!! Not only did I make a cute stationary box with all the "trimmings" & deliver it, but I started on another one (what's black/white and striped all over?) and helped my 2 girls make their own (they'll be posting theirs soon), AND I made peach cobbler-YUM! I'll show you the box today and all the cards and minis tomorrow.

I saw this box at Lorie's blog and it came just at the right time. My DD's best friend's dad recently lost his job and he left this weekend to go to work in a different state for 3 months or so, while his wife and dd stay here. Our town has had 3 major businesses shut down since January and thousands of people layed off. Anyway, I thought I'd make a stationary set for the little 8 year old to send cards to her daddy and friends--cheer her up a little. It also fits in with A Spoon Full of Sugar's weekly challenge: anything but a card! (so it's a card Holder!) =)

I had my DD help with the Rub-Ons--oh, those are soo much FUN!! We used the brown ones on the outside and inside of the box :) Here's the side of the box:
and here's the inside without all the "stuffings."

and here it is with the regular-size cards, 3x3" square "love notes" and stickers (instead of tags).
She likes horses and pink, that was my theme for this set. Here is Jackie Topia's awesome tutorial.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the up-close shots of the cards!!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my Kristine!!!! Beautiful!!!!
I'm sure that will cheer her up for sure!!!

Lorie said...

Holy cow! This is fantastic! Seriously...I love it!

Trina said...

This is amazing Kristine!! I can't wait to see all of the cards too!! What a ton of work...I am just amazed at what you've made here!! Gorgeous!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hi Kristine
This is absolutely stunning. Anyone would be very lucky to receive this! When my mojo comes back might have a go at one myself. I love it!!
Hugs Linda x

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow, you are so clever Kristine and what an amazing and thoughtful gift. Looks like you and the girls have been super busy, Hugs, Nikki x

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

STOP it!!! now i want to make one of these and the cute backpack you had the other day!! i love them both, kristine! you are amazing!

Tammy said...

AMAZING!!!

Tammy
SBS4

Debbie said...

Wow this is Amazing,Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Niki Estes said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love this giftset! Great colors!

Denise said...

WOw, It's BEAUTIFUL!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh how absolutely gorgeous!!! And what a special gift!! You are so thoughtful and loving!! I definitely want to CASE this!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is WONDERFUL!!!! Talk about a work of heART...this definitely fits the bill. Not only are you going to brighten this young lady's day, but you are going to bring sunshine and smiles to her father as well. You are such a super talented lady with a heart of GOLD!!! Thanks for bringing such joy into my day too:o)

Shanismom said...

this is a beautiful stationary kit and the rub-on.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is beautiful Kristine! I am sure this little girl and her parent will LOVE it! You are so sweet and thoughtful! :) Kel