Friday, September 12, 2008

SCS Sketch 193

YAY...it's FRIDAY!! And I'm feeling a little like "Chatty Cathy" today, so forgive me if I ramble. Blah Blah Blah

Have you had a good week? I have. First of all, I want to thank all of you that left me wonderful comments on my stationary boxes!! Your comments always make my day!! Secondly, we had Open House at my girls' school last night. We got to know their teachers and some of the kids in their classes. We also just got a KFC in town--uh oh!! Lol. I love it a little too much, although it's been here for 10 days now and we've only eaten it twice. (we live in a very small town, so when we get a new restaurant, it's BIG NEWS, lol!!)

OK...on to my card. I got some images in the mail along with this cutie from my friend Nikki!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I just adore Papilio stamps so much, but I'm unable to get them, so Nikki was so very kind to send me some to play with!! I followed this weeks' sketch challenge at SCS and colored it with w.c. pencils and an aqua painter.

B.T.W. Have you ever gotten some images and you wish you had the stamp so you could paper piece them? YOU CAN!! Just put a piece of copy paper over the image and trace it (I had to hold it up to the light) and then I just cut that piece on the knee out of dp and taped it over!! :) Easy peasy. Why didn't I think of that before?
{{Inky♥Hugs}}

10 comments:

PATTY said...

your cards are so beautiful. I don't think I will ever be as good as you are.

patty

Diane said...

Oh Kristine,I adore that image!!!
You did an amazing job with your coloring as usual!!! She is too cute!! Lucky you,wonderful RAK!!!
Where is that image from?

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhhh how precious is that little girl!!!! And the layout is wonderful!! What a great idea for paper piecing........I totally need to try that!!!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Those images are just adorable. Nice job on the coloring too.

Catherine said...

What an adorable image...cute!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is gorgeous Kristine, Wow, the package arrived quickly and I only sent it Monday. My Magnolia Fall kit arrived yesterday so will stamp this up and get it in the mail to you on Monday. Have a great weekend, Love and Hugs, Nikki x

Trina said...

Hi Kristine!!
Your card is adorable!! I love the image and your coloring! I am always amazed by your layouts and all the elements you add!
Hope you are having a great weekend. Here it's cold and rainy.

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness...she is adorable!

Donna said...

sweet card! great for the KFC-yum

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring is so wonderful, and I love the pretty papers, flowers, and rick rack! That lacy edge is so nice as well!! Nikki's card is very sweet!!