Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pastor Appreciation Month

is in October, and I made this card for our Pastor. Our church is having an Appreciation Dinner and I volunteered to make cards for all the teachers/leaders of the church. So, more to come!
What do you think? I am much better at girly cards, so I hope this isn't too "girly." I didn't do scallops or flowers, although the background (Bella Rose Designer Series, SU!) has a leafy pattern to it. TIP: I don't have any of the new In-Colors of ink pads, but did you know that if you stamp Old Olive off once and then stamp it, it resembles Kiwi Kiss? That's what I did here on the scrolly thingy. It's from SU!'s set, Noteworthy. The cross is from PTI's Everyday Blessings set, and the saying is one I found on a Christian e-card so I printed it with my computer.

And now a word about the PURPLE RIBBON, located just to the right over there in my sidebar. There are many different ribbons for all kinds of causes, and purple is the color for Alzheimers. My grandpa Lee died from complications due to this dreadful disease, but if you click my ribbon over there and create one for your own blog or website, Caring.com will donate $10 towards research. There are 3 different shades of purple to choose from as well as two different sayings and you can even choose to add "in honor of" on your button. Please go and click it--it's totally FREE to you!!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

12 comments:

de said...

What a beautiful card and sentiment. I have clicked on your purple ribbon and once blogger straightens up, I will post on my web. What a great cause. My grandmoter and uncle passed from complications with the disease as well so its close to my heart. Did you see my post on the Blog Candy in support of Alzheimers? The info is here: http://stampin-de-va.blogspot.com/2008/09/alzheimers-recognition-blog-candy.html. Great cause and massive give away.

Lorie said...

Oh, I just think this card is fantastic! Way to go girl!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, and for such a worthy cause. Hugs Nikki x

Diane said...

Oh I'm sure your Pator will adore it!! It is so manly and yet so elegant!
That ribbon is the coolest thing,i'll have to check it out!TFS!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

What a beautiful card!

Deb Wood said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous and thanks for the link to help Alzheimer's patients, I added it right to my blog!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

What a great card and I'll have to try for the blog candy..:)

Trina said...

Beautiful card Kristine!! The saying and colors you used are wonderful!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Absolutely beautiful and so very meaningful!! I'm sorry for your loss.....it is indeed a terrible disease!! What an awesome gesture with the ribbon!!!

Rose Ann said...

That is such a lovely card, and thank you for the info about the purple ribbon. I will be checking into it.

Gina Wrona said...

I'm speechless, how awesome your card is!

and, i just clicked on your ribbon

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Terrific card, and I don't think it looks too girly at all! I better get one of these made for this weekend, too. It is our church's 100th birthday celebration (well okay, not really our church but the Nazarene Church itself). Since October is pastor appreciation, what a better time than to combine the two celebrations?! :) Thanks for the inspiration! Kel