Monday, September 15, 2008

Paper Pretties SOTM Club

Howdy!
This weekend was pretty relaxing....I made 3 or 4 cards, a pumpkin pie--yum, and mom came over to learn how to make a stationary box! Anyway, I got my September SOTM club stamp from Paper Pretties about a week or so ago and I finally inked her up. I followed Dawn's awesome tutorial for a wooden floor, cutting the small piece that she's standing on. The card base and other layers are actually chocolate chip (they look black here). I tried to follow SC193 here, but it just looked too crowded to add those 3 strips across, so I left them off. Her skirt and scarf is paper pieced from designer paper, and the HOWDY pieces are bottle caps that I've had from a scrapbooking kit (sitting in my drawer for a few years). Here's a picture of the inside. The sentiment came with the cowgirl stamp, and the paisley is from a background mini stamp (SU!).
I know exactly who this one is going to...but can't say yet as she might be reading this =) Well, I have more cards to show you throughout this week, and I'm so happy to have discovered the "scheduled posting" feature -- I KNOW! I'm a little slow...I think it's been here all along, but I'm just now figuring it all out, LOL. It comes in handy when things get hectic, like this week will be for me. So, I do apologize that I haven't commented on all your blogs recently... I hope to get to them later this week. Ciao for now!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

10 comments:

Donna said...

well, gf - this turned out mighty fine & cute!

Kcherrie said...

So cute! Love the bottle caps!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Howdy Kristine, I love this card and the bottle tops are great, I've never had pumpkin pie but it sounds delicious, I wish I lived nearer so you could show me how to make your fab stationary box too, Have a great day, Hugs, Nikki x

Rose Ann said...

She is just too cute, and I love the "rope" and bottlecap sentiment! Your doodling looks great too!!

Diane said...

Whoever the cowgirl receiving this card is,she will be very happy I'm sure,it's a gorgeous card!
Your little embellies and details are always so much fun to see!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhhh totally fun and adorable with those bottlecaps and the rope!!! I love it!!

Lorie said...

Okay...now I just want to be you! That is fantastic! I lost my mojo...have you found it? :o(

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Howdy partner! She sure is a cute cowgirl! :) I just subscribed to the Paper Pretties SOTM last week. I sure like this one!! Great embellishments.

Christie Ortman said...

Kristine, this is beautiful. Very nice job!

Deb Wood said...

Cute, cute, cute, love the bottle caps!!