Thursday, September 18, 2008

Paper Pretties - Falling 4 U

I'm really enjoying this nice Fall weather. This week's color challenge at All That Scraps this week is Kraft, Riding Hood Red, and Baja Breeze. I used my Paper Pretties September SOTM stamp, Falling for You. The Kraft layer is cuttlebugged with the swirls folder--I figured that went pretty well as leaves usually swirl around =)
For the clouds on both layers, I took my stamp from Sugarplum Scenery set (ATS), stamped it on copy paper, cut it out, layed it on my c.s. starting at the bottom and sponged over the template working my way upward. Makes a great-looking sky I think. And, as you can see, I used my sewing machine for that "finished" look. I wish I had those wonderful Nestabilites, as I don't even own a descent pair of scallop scissors, but since I don't, I think the stitching adds that little extra punch to it. And, last but not least, my trusty photo corners--which I still think is one of my best purchases in years. =) Thanks for stopping by...have a super Thursday!!

{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

13 comments:

Christie Ortman said...

Another super cute card!!! Look at those clouds - wowsa!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Kristine, this is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! Oh my gosh. . .LOVE those colors together and your coloring is amazing!

Lorie said...

Ummmm....wow, that is a spectacular card! I love love every single element!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

I love your fall card Kristine, you did a fabulous job with the clouds, I have something cute for you on my blog ;-) Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oooh, this stamp is adorable. I think my first SOTM is the angel one, but I will have to get this one, too. :D Your clouds are terrific, and don't run out and buy those Nesties, yet!

I am opening a web site where you can get them around $14 with shipping per set. Hang in there, as I still have to get the official paperwork in the mail to fax to the company to get my first order. In the meantime, email me which sets you would like if I am able to get them ordered. My new website is at www.KLStampinNScrappin.com
Hope you don't mind the *shameless plug* :) Kel

Trina said...

This is such a cute card Kristine!! I love the image, and your card makes me want to run outside and play!! I love your colors on this card too! Can't wait to see what you do with the images I sent! I know you will do an amazing job!! And thank you for all the wonderful cards!! I was looking through all my homemade cards from other people, and you definately win for giving me the most cards (and some of the most beautiful!!). You are such a wonderful friend!!

Allison said...

What a terrific creation...love the mix of clouds throughout the scene!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Kristine this is an adorable image, and you have made such a gorgeous card with it. Lovely colours. Hugs Linda x

Diane said...

Oh so cute,love those beautiful clouds and that image is darling!
Great fall card Kristine!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is so cute! I love the photo corners at the bottom. It gives the card such a unique shape.

Deb Wood said...

Soooo cute, love the layout, the clouds and CB and the image us way cute!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh she's just PRECIOUS!!!! I just finally got her in the mail over the weekend and can't wait to play!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so sweet! Your coloring looks wonderful, and I love your clouds!!