Monday, September 22, 2008

One Small Kind Gesture Can Make A World of Difference - and Blog Candy

WOW...I am talking about Cammie's HUGE ♥Heart to Heart♥ blog candy up for grabs this week. I'm so touched by her thoughtfulness and what an impact she has had on some amazing stamping companies and fellow stampers out there! (you have to read her post to see what I'm talking about!) She lost her grandmother to [complications with] Alzheimers disease and she knows what a difficult job their caretakers have, so she'd like us to make as many cards as we can to send to caretakers of Alzheimer patients. One small gesture can really make a world of difference in the life of a nurse, staff person etc who a lot of times don't get the appreciation they deserve.

This touches my heart on a personal level as well because my grandfather (mom's dad) died when I was very little and I didn't get the chance to get to know him or spend much time with him. I heard stories of my other grandparents going over to my mom's parents' house and he thought they were breaking in and my grandpa with Alzheimer's beat up my other grandpa. He was never in a "home", but he had a caretaker living with g-ma and g-pa and became part of the family. Even after grandpa passed, the caretaker lived with grandma until many years later when she passed. Anyway, let's all send cards to the caretakers...and if you don't know someone personally, Cammie gives an address of the home where her grandma lived her last few years. Please be sure to check out her post!!

Here are a just a few companies and individuals who have generously donated to this blog candy:

The Cat's Pajamas
Verve Stamps
Just Rite Stampers
Kittie Caracciolo
Joanne Basile

My daughters even got in on this one... you can see their cards here:

Carly's Card

Maddy's Card
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

12 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Kristine---Great card. Thanks for your post and for getting your daughter's involved. They did a great job as well!

Lorie said...

Oh, Kristine this is absolutely lovely! Thank you for your story! I am going to try and make a card for this wonderful project!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kristine, love the beautiful papers you have used and the lovely punched detail. Hugs Nikki x

Diane said...

It's beautiful Kristine! That is such a wonderful gesture that she is doing!!!
When I click on Carly's Card it brings me to Maddy's blog,so I couldn't comment on Carly's,I'll check back!

Deb Wood said...

Your card is very beautiful!!! Love the papers and the scallops!! What a great cause, Cammie is awesome in so many ways!!

Kcherrie said...

Awesome card Kristine! This touches so many lives and is an awesome idea.

Shanismom said...

this is a beautiful card....

Diane said...

I forgot,I tagged you on my blog.
If you don't want to play that's ok,I know you are a busy girl!
Hugs,Diane

Suzy said...

What a beautiful card - and so wonderful to get the kiddos involved too :) They are beautiful, btw!

Suzy

Trina said...

Very pretty card! Gotta love those border punches! Looks great!

Trina said...

Very pretty card! Gotta love those border punches! Looks great!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

OMGosh!!! How absolutely detailed and exquisite!!! What a special thank you card!!