Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Olivias Birdies and Good News

BirdieHappy Tuesday!!
Tuesdays are Color Challenge Days over at SCS, however I chose a different color combo to work with today...it's very close to CC116, which is Chocolate Chip; Bashful Blue; and Garden Green (I subst. Artichoke). I'm having fun with my newest set, Olivia's Birdies from ATS. Aren't these birds the cutest? The paper is from DCWV's Retro Paper Pack. I also ran choc. brown satiny ribbon across the middle of the brown/blue pieces (hard to see the shinyness here). I wasn't sure where to fit a sentiment on here so I will add it to the inside.

Now, My Good News!! (no, I didn't make it onto any Design Team, unfortunately)... I found my dd's bunny!! Sunday morning the girls went out to feed their bunnies and my 8 yr. old's bunny was gone! She fed it on Sat. night, but got hurt on the splintery cage (from those darn stray dogs in our yard) and she got distracted and forgot to shut her bunny's cage door! She bawled for a while Sunday, and we figured the cats prolly got her since they have killed ones almost as big as their mini-rexs. BUT...Monday night I was standing out by my husband's shop and the bunny came out from under his truck!! She hopped over to where she had dug a hole under the deck and stayed there and let me catch her. *hugs sigh of relief!* Anyway, the Lord answered our prayers and our daughter is very happy now. =)

{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

15 comments:

Lorie said...

Wow...that is just a fantastic card...I love it! I'm also so happy that your daughter has found her bunny! Whew!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is gorgeous Kristine, I love the dp and how your image matches so perfectly with the colours.. I'm so glad you found your daughter's bunny and that he was safe and well. I bet her face was a picture when she see him. Have a great day, Hugs, Nikki x

thestampspot said...

Oh what great news about the bunny, I bet your daughter was so happy.

Great card, I love everything about it.

Marcia

Donna said...

what a sweet card, love the fall-ish colors. didn't realize you desired making a design team (well, I guess all stampers do, huh) keep plugging away, it will happen I'm sure! Great about your daughter's bunny, I'm sure she was so sad not knowing it was safe & now it is! yea

Diane said...

That is such great news for your daughter to have her bunny back!
Those birdies are too cute! Lovely card Kristine!!

Corie said...

WOW -- this is adorable -- love the little birds.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hello Kristine
I am pleased to hear your bunny story. We had a loss in the family at the weekend our bearded dragon passed away. My daughter Jasmine was devastated. We spoke of maybe re-homing another one, but she pointed out it will not replace or stop her feeling sad about Speedy! I am loving your bird card, the colours are great. I am sure you will offered a DT post soon, as your cards are lovely. Hugs Linda x

Trina said...

Love this card Kristine!! The paper looks great, and your image is adorable! Love the wide ribbon!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Who knew brown flowers could be so cute?! I love it!

Carmen said...

What a wonderful card, the color combo is great!

Juliann said...

Such a pretty card, what adorable birdies and I love your color combo!

Glad the bunny returned to you!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so very adorable!! I love the colors and papers. That image is so darling, and your coloring of it is wonderful!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Awww, so glad you found your DD's bunny, and (s)he was safe and sound.

Beautiful card, too by the way! :)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh are those little birds just toooo darn cute!!!!! And the dp is wonderful!!! I'm so glad dd's bunny is okay.......it's so hard to see our kiddos lose a pet!

Shanismom said...

love the card, the pp, the flowers and those cute birds.