Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Huge Project - Part 1

Good Sunday morning girls! I have been working on a huge stamping project the last few days and I am ready to show you half of it.... The cards for the men.

Our church is having a "Teacher Appreciation" dinner this week and I vounteered to make the "thank you" cards for all 20 of them. (there's actually 18, but I am making 2 special ones for the Sunday School Directors since they will be seeing all of these cards, I wanted theirs to be different.) It was so much easier for me to pick one design and mass-produce them, so here's the 8 that will go to the male teachers:
I always have trouble coming up with masculine cards--so I always turn to my trusty resource... Julie, at Paper Pleasing Ideas!! She makes the most amazing masculine cards (as well as pretty ones). I found THIS CARD of hers and fell in love with it, so I tried to C.A.S.E. the technique, and tried to keep the rest simple--didn't want too many layers as I'm making so many of them.
I used SU! watercolor paper and misted it down with water. Then, I inked up my trees from SU!'s Lovely as a Tree set, in Artichoke and stamped onto the wet c.s. It took me quite a few times to get it right, and still had a hard time coming up with 8 good ones, Some were too wet and the green ink turned brown, and some I tried blotting the c.s. and it ended up too dry and the green didn't spread out enough. After the c.s. dried (I used Julie's idea and used my heat gun), I stamped the trees in brown Stazon over the green blobs (technical term). Then, I sponged Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip on the edges of the tree layer, Artichoke (stamped first with the Weathered bg stamp), and the Close to Cocoa layer. I had this twill tape-looking ribbon that I got at Michaels and I just pulled a string to unravel the ends a bit. The sentiments are generated on my computer. Sorry my lighting is so bad. Maybe I'll get a "Studio in a Box" for Christmas or birthday?
I have almost all of the women's cards done. Just need 2 more, and then I will post those as well. Unlike these, I made each one just a tad bit different. Hope you'll come again and see the rest!! Have a blessed day!!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

15 comments:

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh these are amazing!! I agree that masculine cards can be difficult........but this stamp set is definitely one of my faves for "guy" cards! And the layout and colors are just awesome!!

Kathy said...

Love this one!!!! I {heart} this stamp set and will never get rid of it and it's my to go to set for masculine cards.

Jane said...

Wow, these are amazing! I think they are great masculine cards.

Jane
SBS4

Julie said...

WOW - these turned out ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated :)

thestampspot said...

These are beautiful Kris, they have turned out so well. I will have to try out wetting my paper first.

:) Marcia

Trina said...

These cards are gorgeous!! I think they look so detailed!! I love the trees, and your sentiment!! I am amazed at the amount you get done sometimes!!

Lorie said...

Those cards are stunning Kristine! What seriously wonderful thank you cards for the teachers! :o)

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Hi Kristine, Seeing your fabulous cards with this SU set has just switched on a little light bulb in my head.. Thank you for inspiring me today, Hope you and your family are having a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

These are just beautiful!! I love them!

Deb Wood said...

Fabulous!!

Diane said...

Those are beautiful Kristine! I have the same problem with masculine cards,not good for me.
Now I know where to go for ideas,and you're so right Julie makes beautiful cards!

Shanismom said...

these cards are beautiful..

Deb said...

They are beautiful cards, love how you used the twill!

Rose Ann said...

These are so fabulous, and I'm sure everyone will love them...Kristine!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Terrific guy cards (they are usually the hardest for me too), but you really did a terrific job with the colors and sketch. I love the short piece of frayed ribbon under the sentiment. :) Kel