Friday, September 19, 2008

A {LOL} Poem and an Award

Happy FRIDAY everyone!! Since I'm at work today and don't have a card to show you--yet--I want to share with you this really funny poem about FRIENDSHIP that my best friend emailed me today. It's called:

TRUE FRIEND
"Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actuallyspeak of True Friendship. You won't see cutesy little smiley faces on this card--just the stone cold truth of our great frienship.

  1. When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!
  2. When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
  3. When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
  4. When you're scared, we will high tail it out of here.
  5. When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!
  6. When you are confused, I will use little words.
  7. When you are sick, stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
  8. When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off--after I laugh my butt off!!
  9. This is my oath... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask; --- because you are my FRIEND!"
I have to admit that this is NOT [exactly] how I view friendship (thank goodness)--maybe that's why I find it so funny. However, I do wonder, why do I laugh hysterically when I see people fall? I must not be the only one--after all, they made a show of it--WIPE OUT!
--------------------------------------
NOW ON TO MY AWARD:
here's an award that the lovely Nikki passed on to me!
Awww... ShyTHANKS!

I'd like to pass this Sylvester award on to all of you who leave comments here on my little crafty blog--they always MAKE MY DAY!!

{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

5 comments:

Lorie said...

That is so cute! I ask my friends when they are having problems with someone if they want me to go beat them up for them! LOL! I totally would never do that but it usually elicits a laugh! :o)

TA Carbone said...

Oh Kristine this is the cutest award out there and I must say this means the most. Your great and so is your Blog

Hugs
TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Lol,cute funny peom indeed Kristine!
You definitely deserve that award!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh I'm so glad someone else gets a kick out of Wipeout too!!!! LOL And that little Sylvester award is so adorable and well-deserved!!

Rose Ann said...

Funny poem! Congrats on your award! You deserve it!