Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Card and an R.A.K.

Here's a card I made yesterday:Thanks so much to my wonderful friend, Trina who sent me a gorgeous R.A.K. yesterday (shown below). I admire her coloring so much and she always uses such awesome layouts on her cards. I know I have a long ways to go, but (as Lorie would say) "I wanna be her when I grow up" =) So, I pretty much tried to CASE here coloring, even down to the colors which match perfectly with this "Flurries" designer paper I had! but I still like her coloring better. For the floor that she's standing on, I cut a piece of my "faux wood floor" that I made a bunch of the other day. After coloring her in, I went over some areas with my Stardust Gellyroll Pens for some sparkle! This layout is Sketch Challenge 96 on SCS.

And here's Trina's card [that she sent me]:She also sent me some stamped image--Thank You so much, Trina--you are soo sweet!!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Trina said...

Kristine, your card is wonderful!! Your coloring looks great, and I love your layout! That border punch looks awesome, and I love how you turned up a corner of the paper!
I'm so glad you like my card. I love every card you've ever sent me!

Lorie said...

Oh, wow! Those are both absolutely gorgeous! Way to go girl!

~KRISTY~ said...

LOVE THE STAMPED IMAGE KRISTINE! HOW COOL IS SHE? YOUR COLOURING LOOKS AWESOME BTW!

Kathy said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!!!! Love your coloring!!!!

thestampspot said...

Your colouring isn't too shabby either, Kris. What a gorgeous image.

:) Marcia

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a lovely card from your friend Kristine. Your card is also fabulous. Hugs Linda x

Summerthyme Studio said...

Kristine, both of these cards are just gorgeous .Your colouring is fabulous too!!!!!


Vicki

Diane said...

Awwww!!!! She's so cute,going off to mail a letter! Your coloring is awesome as always,and that image is sooo adorable! Love the punch too,I just got that one!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is gorgeous Kristine and I also love Trina's beautiful card too. I love your punched border and the colours look so pretty, Hugs, Nikki x

Deb Wood said...

These are both totally adorable, love this image~~

Denise said...

ThT IMge is so darling. What a cute card.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Kristine!!! OMGosh!!! YOUR coloring is out of this world FABulous girl!!! And I love your color combo......the wood floor is sooo creative!!! AWEsome card!!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is just darling, Kristine...and I love your RAK too!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

I truly think your coloring is terrific as well! I love the way you folded the paper back and put the little flower their. The punched border is perfect, too. GREAT job on yours and Trina's as well. Lucky girl to get such a great RAK.