Monday, August 11, 2008

Step It Down

This is kinda like the "step it up" challenge except I reversed it. This was my first card with the tree...
and then I tried simplifying it. I saw Renee's card HERE and just really loved the crisp clean look of the white cardstock, granted I really like her cute Olivias (which are being released by ATS later tonight!), but since I don't have those, I used this really cute Cuddly Buddly tree! I think it makes a nice little notecard. (**note: the pink behind the card is just back drop so you can see the white card better)

  • Stamps: Cuddly Buddly-tree; A Chemistry With Paper-grass from Big Backyard set; SU!-sentiment from Love Matters set
  • Accessories: colored pencils, Aqua Painter; Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon; paper piercer/mat; SU! buttons (top card only), rhinestone brad from Making Memories; glitter paper with apples/cherries?? (not sure who makes it--been in my stash a while.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Lorie said...

Both of those cards are FANTASTIC! Nice job!

Stampmouse said...

cute card love that tree

Danyelle Kessler said...

Beautiful stitching and great job on the challenge.

Juliana said...

These are so neat!!
I love the colors and papers you used with the first one!! That bow is soo prescious!

I also like the note card! A totally different feel but still sweet!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the gorgeous paper and gorgeous bow too, Cute little note card too, Hugs, Nikki x

Abra Leah Cross said...

AWESOME idea! I always have a hard time with the "simple" cards because they feel so naked - but these are so perfect for a "quick" card basket. I'm going to do this challenge...when I get a moment to sit and stamp! :)

Diane said...

They are both wonderful Kristine!
Love the dp in the 1st card!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I've never seen that tree before but I love it! Such cute cards. I think they're both great!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are so pretty, Kristine!! I love that tree, and how you've shown it's versatility!!

Belas Creating Place said...

Kristine...this is so beautiful. I love the white clean look too. You have won an award on my blog. The, "I Love your Blog Award." Please read my post and retreive your award.
Ta ta for now,
Bela

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Amazing!!! Both cards are just wonderful, love that tree! But I'm so drawn to the top one with the fabulous dp and the buttons!!!

thestampspot said...

Oh nicely done!

:) Marcia

Dawn Mercedes said...

boy, I sure like both cards...

Some times in a simple mood, other times I'm in a medium stepped up mood. I don't know that my cards are ever as elaborate as some. But your tree cards are delightful!