Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Polar Thank You

Seems I'm on a roll this weekend...2 cards in a row! My 14 yr. old neice has been staying with us all sumer, babysitting my girls but I have to take her home the end of this week :( She also just had the tummy flu, so I wanted to cheer her up a little. Anyway, I know we're right in the middle of summer here, but she loves polar bears, so I made this "thank you" card with polar bears from "The Stampin' Place." I added Dazzling Diamonds to the snow with 2-way glue pen, and I cut a cloud mask from typing paper and sponged on blue to make the white clouds. A little light grey pencil to highlight the bears and peach cheeks is all they needed. And lastly, the sentiment is from "Riveting" by SU! with a snowflake stamp cut and added to the center--(goes much better than the flower that the stamp had in the middle). Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

LittleSeaOtter~Kecia said...

I absolutely love this. The image is as precious as can be, and all of the little details you put into making this card makes it very special. Love your work!

Belas Creating Place said...

Kristine: this is lovely, I am sure your neice will love it. I too purchase stuff from the Stamping Place...great store isn't it?
I love the detail of your card. Beautiful.

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhhhhh I'm in LOVE!!!! What a gorgeous image and fabulous coloring and showcasing!! I must go check out that stamp company!!

Lorie said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love the glittery snow!

Abra Leah Cross said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! So soft and cool and sweet. That's an adorable stamp, but all your little touches make it an awesome card!

Trina said...

This is so cute!! Love the image, colors and all the glitter!! This stamp is so sweet!!

Tamara said...

Very nice. Im going to steal your snow idea :)

Tammy said...

LOVE the colors you used. Your bears are adorable:). Makes me wish it was winter already....lol.

Tammy
SBS4

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is beautiful, Kristine. I love the soft shades of blue, and the coloring/sponging of your image is perfect. DD was a terrific addition to the show. Love the little snowflake in the center of your Riveting Thank You too. :) Kel

Andrea said...

Oh wow, great card!
xAndrea

Nettie said...

I think this card ROCKS. It is perfect in every way!

Nettie

Seleise said...

love this card and the dazzling diamonds as snow is fantastic!!! love the cloud masking too!

Heather said...

Beautiful card Kristine - thanks for visiting me so I could find you! You have a very nice blog - I'll be back for sure.

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love the serenity to it (not to mention the glitter!).

All Pink girl said...

Oh wow what a fabulous card ,so adorable xxxDawnxx

Tara said...

Aw, this is so cute and I love the glittery snow! xx

Allison said...

Cuteness...love it!

Diane said...

Wow Kristine! That is adorable!
I'm sure your niece will LOVE it!!!

Amy said...

That is the cutest bear. Love it. This is a great card.

Heather said...

Super cute! I love the cute image and the sparkles.