Saturday, August 23, 2008

A {MDC} Sketch Challenge

I have a couple things to show you today. The first is this card I made for the Mothers and Daughter Creations (MDC) challenge blog. The front looks like the sketch, but I made it into a [sort of] gate-fold card. The piece with the horse is folded and slides under the front left panel for the message. The circle scallop element is perfect for holding the horse panel shut! Maria Levine came up with this sketch and it's really great for this kind of card (Thanks, Maria!) Here's my card open:

Here's my supply list:

  • STAMPS: MDC "Mustangs"; SU! "Riveting"
  • PAPER: SU! Black, White, Grey, Pretty in Pink, light pink dp; Cloud 9Design's "Bloomin' Love" from the Sweetheart Collection
  • ACCESSORIES: watercolor pencils; Aqua Painter; Martha Stewart border punch; SU!'s circle scallop punch & corner punch; silver brads; circle punch; paper piercing tools

And then I thought I'd show you a fun day we had this week at the lake with the girls. (Made it into a slideshow so the pics wouldn't take up too much room here on my blog.)

EDITED: although my slideshow is very short, I can't get it to load here, so I will give you link to the show on Photobucket-- (it loads almost instantly there) for those of you interested in going thru the trouble just to see pics of my cuties! :)
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

13 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This is gorgeous!!! That stamp is growing on me so much. Beautiful.

Lorie said...

This is absolutely lovely! I just love the pinks with the horse...nice!

thestampspot said...

Kris this card layout is gorgeous. I think I might have to try this one. Great pics of the girls too ... they are such beautiful girls.

:) Marcia

Maureen said...

Hi Christine! Just wanted to pop in and say "hello!"...your card is fabulous! You were the first to leave a comment on my blog when it was brand spankin new...and I was just runnin' down the past this morning sippin my coffee....your blog has really taken off and is totally "da bomb!" Your layout and well...just everything!! Way to go, girl!
take care!
Maureen

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Hi Kristine, Fab card love the cute image and the beautiful papers you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Stacy said...

Wonderful job on this sketch! Your card is just beautiful!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh wow!!! That sketch is wonderful, but your card is soooo amazing!!! What a truly inspirational image and card!!!

Ohhh!!! I got your wonderful card and Sugar Nellies on Sat. Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!! Truly a treasure and I feel so blessed to have met you through blogging!!!

Diane said...

What an awesome fold! Great card girl!!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is sooo beautiful!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That has to be the coolest horse image I've ever seen on a stamp! I love it, and your card is awesome!

Tamara said...

This is SO beautiful - love your take on it with the gatefold! Thanks so much for playing our challenge!

Seleise said...

love this card!!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Another gorgeous card with my favorite horse image. I made two cards with mine, and now that my friend, Jessica received hers, I will be able to show you on my blog. Hopefully tomorrow. :)