Saturday, August 30, 2008

A {masculine} 2,4,6,8 Acetate Box

(**please read the note at the bottom of this post**)
Happy Saturday!! Well, it's taken me all week to finally post this--a masculine version of the box I made on Monday this week. We found out that my girls both will have female teachers, but I already had this male box in mind, so I decided to go with a theme for my boss as a "welcome back" gift--he's away for 2 weeks, hiking the Pacific Crest Trail here in Oregon.

While the girls and I were at the store, we stood in front of the huge array of gourmet coffee beans, trying to decide which one to fill his box with. After about 15 minutes and half a dozen "sniffings" we finally decided to go check out the sugar-free candies instead (he's diabetic). This is what I came up with:
I made my box taller than the instructions said, in case I decided to put beef jerky sticks in there ;) so I cut the acetate at 6" tall. The base and top are normal, 2" square. I used copper cardstock (SU!) and paper pierced holes all the way around and then added some rustic brads. Wasn't sure to go with a bow for a guy, but it looked incomplete without it and after all...it IS chocolate brown! Then I made a 2 1/2" square card to go along with the theme using my Lovely As a Tree set (SU!). So, whatcha think?
GO SEE WHAT MY GIRLS MADE!!!
Maddy's Project
If you like what you see, please leave them a comment--it would really make their day!! ;) Thanks!!
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

12 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

oh my gosh this is so cool!

Lorie said...

Wow! This is absolutely fantastic! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I read Maddy's and Carly's blogs and wanted to respond but could not get comments through without opening an account. So please pass these msgs to them:
Carly -- What a great box, so well put together. I also looked at your cards, your clay pot, and I saw the writing you did about the Olympics. You are amazing to do all of these things so young. I'm going to be watching for all the other great things you create. Maddy -- Love the artistic work you did with your Christmas lady and the ballerina. The package you put together for hot cocoa looks so yummy -- what a fantastic job you did. I want to watch your blog for more great work.
Kristine -- last but not least, love the acetate boxes and I am going to give it a try. Thanks.
Keep up the great work everyone. ----Sandy in West Virginia

Lainy's Little Blog said...

What a lovely gift Kristine. You're boss will be so happy to receive this. I have a little something for you on my blog. Hope that you're having a great weekend. Lainy x

Jane said...

Wow, makes me want to go out and buy some acetate and try making these! They are amazing!

Jane
SBS4

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh Wow Kristine, What a fabulous gift, I love the copper cardstock and the colours and tag are just perfect for a guy, Gonna have to get some acetate and give this a try, Hugs, Nikki x

Donna said...

this came out great! love the look of those candies in there, the copper is so great for a guy! I just visited Maddy & Carly's blogs - their stuff is awesome!

Trina said...

What an awesome idea Kristine! Gifts for guys are so hard to do, but you did great! I'm sure my hubby would even like to receive something like this!!

Rose Ann said...

Great guys' kind of box, and I love that it's taller too!! Your tag is very beautiful!!

Going to check the girls' projects. ;)

Diane said...

This is wonderful for a male gift!
You are sooooo good at what you do girl!!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Kristine......your masculine take on this is just AWE------SOME!!!! I didn't even think to do anything like that!!!! But I also tweaked the template some and made it my own. I love doing that!! And I love getting inspiration from your fabulous designs!!!

Shanismom said...

Such a wonderful gift for a male.. i like the colors.