Monday, August 11, 2008

Making a Scene

...is tougher than it looks!!

This is my first time trying a wood floor. I saw this cute little girl giving her kitty some milk and the first thing I thought was, "this scene needs a kitchen." The style of these stamps remind me of my youth. Well, I'm really not as old as this would imply--I didn't have wood floor in my kitchen where the nails showed (we prolly had laminate) and I know wood floors today are peiced like this but no nails showing. OH WELL...I tried!!

After drawing in the floor, I cut out around it and the girl and put it on dp that kinda looked like grandma's wallpaper. In fact, I actually peiced the wallpaper so it didn't line up in the middle so it would maybe resemble the corner of the wall, but you can't see that unless you just read about it, LOL!! Then I tried to stamp what resembled a wooden shelf, in the left corner at a slant and hang a "photo" from it, but that didn't work--ink smudged and I had to rip off the wall paper and start over with that. Also, I'm not sure why I have a valance that looks like an awning?? Why am I picking my card apart here--it's CUTE! Isn't it? Actually I was thinking of not posting it. But then I figured it took me almost all afternoon yesterday to create this, so I might as well have it on here for the record.
  • Stamps: Sugar Nellie
  • Paper: UltraSmooth White; Elizabeth's; Soft Sky; Celery
  • Accessories: Ultra fine black permanent Sharpie; Aqua Painter; colored pencils; scalloped scissors; antique brads; various gellyroll sparkle pens (I used these for highlights in her hair, bow, and flower centers (visor)

So, are you all ready for the new ATS releases? I'm sooo stoked! I've been seeing those adorable cuddly bears, the great scene creators, and Olivia's birdies. They are being releases tonight at 10 p.m. Raise The Roof 2

Photobucket

8 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

You did a fab job Kristine and am so glad you posted it. I love this cute stamp and am ashamed to say I had it a couple of months but haven't used it. I love the floor you created and such a great idea, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

You did an awesome job creating the scene,love the flooring !!
She is sooo cute! And of course your coloring is awesome!!!

Jodi said...

This is such cute stamp that makes it a cute card!! Thanks for visiting my blog! =) You have really cute cards!!

Rose Ann said...

So adorable!! I love your coloring and the awning!!

Trina said...

You did great on this card! Sometimes trying to create a scene makes cards take way to long to do!! I love how you did the top of the card, it looks like she is outside her house or at a shop! The image is beautiful too, and your coloring is fab!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh...........how sweeeeeet!!! That wood floor is absolutely AMAZING!!! And that lil sweetie is just beautiful!!! You made this look so easy and I know making scene cards is difficult!!

thestampspot said...

Wow, what a floor! Having lived with wood floors, you've done a great job.

:) Marcia

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I think your wood floor turned out really nice. I haven't been blog browsing in awhile, all of your projects look great!