Friday, August 08, 2008

I Figured Somethin' Out!

I just learned something new that I can do with my computer and I don't even have photoshop!! I learned that in Microsoft Word, if I click on "insert clipart" and find a picture I like, I can right click the arrow and then click on the "Open In" it opens it with "Advanced Drawing" (which I never knew I had). It's awesome! I can click the "transparent" option on the left and then click a box around the parts I want to copy, and then paste it right onto a card (or other) and it pastes it as a wmf, which gets rid of all the white background! Then I can add text over it just like the pros!! Woohoo! I can't figure out how to make the picture grey, but oh well. Here's an example: (you can click the picture to enlarge it) This is my 8 yr. old getting her first horse riding lesson. I thought the placement of my graphic was kinda funny =) Anyway, I still have a few kinks to work out, but to even figure this much out is pretty good I thought.

I figured since my SCS name is "KristineB", a picture of a "bee" would be cute? And then, I went a little further by cropping out just the bee and adding it to my siggy line at the bottom of my post. (now if I could figure out how to make it buzz around? *wink*) I know--I must be waay behind the times and just catching up with the rest of ya, but ya know that feeling you get when you figured out something cool all on your own? Ya...it's all good! Lol.
Photobucket

5 comments:

thestampspot said...

Hey Kris, this post made me laugh. I am self taught when it comes to web design etc, and I have had that same 'buzz' so many times. My friends just don't get it, but it is a big thing for me!!! Go girl!

:) Marcia

Lorie said...

Good for you! I wish I could find out things like that! :o)

Holly said...

I'm impressed you just figured that out! I don't know much about graphic design at all. I have two daughters that do a ton of it, but you know how the shoemakers sons have no shoes....

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Hey, I definitely would not know how to get that cute little bee there. My butterflies on my siggie line are from PhotoShop's paintbrushes. LOL, and they don't always land where I want them. LMBO :) Kel

Abra Leah Cross said...

You are too cute. :) It IS fun to learn something new - especially when you figure it out on your own.

It looks cute!