Sunday, August 17, 2008

A {Hooty} Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge

I'm so happy to finally be able to participate in "A Spoon Full of Sugar"s weekly challenge! This week's is to create a Hidden Message. I have to admit that I had to handwrite my saying, but I think it turned out kinda cute!! Here's the inside:

I used my Giga Scallop Circle punch to punch out the very vanilla c.s. which my owls were stamped on (vanilla went better with my flowers on the front). Then, I folded a piece of the dotted paper (lightweight) in half and ran most of that through my punch, leaving about 3 scallops unpunched so that the fold line would still be there. Then I attached my owls to the front of the folded piece and taped the back of it to the top of my chocolate satin ribbon. The rest you can look below to see my supplies ;o) Thanks for looking!
  • STAMPS: Rachelle Anne Miller™ (Lily & Milo collection)
  • PAPER: Taken with Teal; Really Rust; Very Vanilla; DCWV's Retro Pack
  • ACCESSORIES: SU! markers; Aqua Painter; sponges; paper for making owls; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug™ folder; Martha Stewart punch; satin ribbon; paper flowers with brads from the Dollar Tree!

{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

11 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

These are REALLY some CUTE owls! I love them a whole HOOT! :D ha (corny, but I couldn't help myself) *blush* Kel

Trina said...

This is adorable Kristine! I am so glad that you have been able to participate in a challenge! I love your coloring, and your writing looks great! Those flowers are adorable too, thanks for listing where they are from! Thanks also for joining our challenge!
By the way, I am having a blog candy sketch challenge...hope you will give it a go!!

Trina said...

You are just too sweet! You can enter as many cards as you like!! I hope I get lots of entries too!
I'm still waiting for my card from you, can't wait to get it, may have to check the post office every day!

Donna said...

CUTE! love the DP & flowers you used.

Lorie said...

Very, very cute! I love the hidden "card" with the circles! Way to go!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh these lil owls are soooooooooo hootie cutie!!!! LOL And I love the fun retro pack dp and the chocolate ribbon....YUM!!!!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is really cute Kristine, So much I love about this card - little owls, papers, dolly lace, flowers, Thanks for joining in our challenge, Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

This card is gorgeous Kristine I love the little owls, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Rose Ann said...

This is sooo cute!! I love those owls, and your pretty papers, and hidden message!

tiggertastic said...

What a fun colourful card, fantastic work

Sarah x

Dawn Mercedes said...

so very clever!!