Saturday, August 02, 2008

Giddyup

YEA...I actually got a card made today!! (have ya been waitin'?) Sorry it's taken me so long. I got these really cute Sugar Nellie stamps in the mail over a week (or 2?) ago and haven't had time to sit down and create with them until today. My hubby took the girls to a parade in the next town and I desperately needed some "down time", so I made this card with the stamp "Giddyup."

The sentiment is from "Riveting" by SU! The paper is Basic Grey "Blush" and the big primas are by Making Memories. The cute silver/blue corner brads are a gift from my secret sis. I used my silver sparkly gellyroll pen for her belt buckle and peach embossing pen on all the polka-dots and flowers (they dry puffy). I colored the image with watercolor pencils and used an Aqua Painter after each color, dabbing it with a tissue to remove excess water. I tend to find the paper I want to use FIRST, and then choose a stamp to color in those colors. And that's it! This one's going to our cowgirl babysitter--she's away right now working on a ranch in WY, so my girls miss her lots. Love ya KT!!

12 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Fabulous card with your new stamp Kristine, Your colouring is beautiful and I just love the great dp and huge bloom and su sentiment. Have a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

Suzanne said...

This is just darling!

thestampspot said...

This is such a sweet card and perfect for who you are giving it to! Love the colours and I am a sucker for Basic Grey, so it wins for me!!

Enjoy your me time!

:) Marcia

Abra Leah Cross said...

Your coloring is rockin'!!! Such an adorable stamp, too. :)

Jane said...

Wow...this is amazing! What an adorable image and you did a great job of coloring it. Like the paper and color combo as well. All around great card.

Jane
SBS4

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh so adorable!!! Awesome coloring of this little sweetie!! And Basic Grey is sooo perfect for her!!

Trina said...

Awww, this is great!! Love the image and your design is great as always!! Beautiful designer papers too!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

beautiful colors, terrific embellishments, and I just LOVE those photo corners. Oooh, I hope I can find some of them. They are beautiful! :) Kel

Niki Estes said...

This is adorable, Kristine! I love the colors and your coloring is beautiful!

Seleise said...

darling card - love the color choices!!!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Love this. The papers are so pretty and love the colours you have used for the image itself. He's adorable.

Diane said...

How cute is this cowgirl!!!! Love the dp and the colors are awesome
Kristine! Of course your coloring is fabulous too!