Sunday, August 17, 2008

Faith is Healing

Just found out today that my Brother-in-law had a heart attack when he was out pulling weeds. I didn't have a card on hand, but I came across Julie's Color Concoction #21 today which was:
  • Not Quite Navy
  • Baja Breeze (new In-Color)
  • Garden Green
I don't have any of the In-Colors yet, but it's okay to substitute something that's close, so I used Soft Sky for that middle color. This was really pretty easy to make, although the first one I threw in the circular file. I stamped the trees with NQN onto the Soft Sky cardstock. Then I masked the trees and sponged on the GG for grass and NQN for the sky. I left the middle of the trees plain, so it looks like light behind the trees (somewhat?). Then, I used a water pen and just went over the trees slightely to make the blue darker and bleed just a tad. The brads are actually green and shiny, which is why (I think?) the light shone on them weird, but they are green!

For the sentiment...well, I don't have a lot of sentiments for sympathy or get well, so I turned to my trusty Bible, which I always have in my craft room, and found a verse I liked "...and the prayer offered in FAITH will RESTORE the one who is sick, and the LORD will raise him up..." James 5:15. I changed the font to a NQN blue and printed it out onto my SS cardstock. What do ya think?
  • STAMPS: Lovely As A Tree (SU!)
  • PAPER: Soft Sky; Not Quite Navy (SU!)
  • ACCESSORIES: paper piercing tool and mat; ticket corner punch; computer and printer for sentiment; sponges and classic ink pads; aqua painter
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

11 comments:

sparkplug17 said...

Sorry for your lost. Your family will be in my thoughts. But your card is absolutely gorgeous.

sparkplug17 said...

I didn't mean to say lost...I'm really not with it tonight. I just hope that he's doing okay and your family is in my thoughts. Sorry for my first comment.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is really gorgeous Kristine, I have this stamp set and haven't had a chance to play, I love the colour scheme and the sponging looks fab, Hugs, Nikki x

Lorie said...

This is lovely and honestly that scripture is just perfect and could be used in an illness or loss situation. Great job!

Rose Ann said...

This is just gorgeous, Kristine! A perfect verse, I think. I'm sure this will be much appreciated.

Stampmouse said...

beautiful card but such a sad thing to have happen

Belas Creating Place said...

This card will be very appreciated and your family is in my prayers.

Trina said...

Oh my goodness Kristine, I am so sorry to hear about that. It has to be so hard to be off work with children still in school. Thank goodness that he is going to be ok. I am sure that god will provide, and I will keep him and his family in my prayers!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This card is beautiful. I love this set, but have such a hard time coming up with a use for it.

Jessi said...

I love your card. It´s so pretty!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

this is so lovely. I got the tree set..but it remains pretty much unused. But I "had to have it before it retired." And then it didn't retire! haha.

I'm so glad that you can out of lurkdom...now I can read you blog!