Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A {Cupcake} Shaped Card and an RAK

Today was Happy Mail Day!! My friend Abra Leah sent me SU!'s new catty, along with some cute stamped images and a little 3x3" (? not sure what you call it?) diagonal fold card!! SOO CUTE!! Thanks so much, Abra Leah!! I thumbed through the new catty and when I came across this huge cupcake STAMP, the idea popped into my head to trace it and make it into a shaped card!! (am I allowed to do that? lol) It folds at the bottom and top, and the flower shape on the front holds the top shut. Here's what it looks like inside:

and here it is open:
I used some of last year's designer paper (SU!) and used my crimper on the bottom part to make it look like the *liner*. I sponged some bashful blue around the *frosting* layer, added some depth to my cherry, and sponged the inside piece as well. This would be super cool to have the actual stamp and then stamp the inside with the words that come on the cupcake stamp. The candles on the front have yellow stickles for flames, and of course I HAD to add the Dazzling Diamonds on the frosting for "sprinkles" :) Flirty 2

Here's what I got in the mail today:
THANK YOU ♥ THANK YOU ♥ THANK YOU!!
**B.T.W. are any of you having a hard time trying to get your kids back on a bedtime schedule for school? Some of you have already started...ours starts in 2 weeks.
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

14 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Your cupcake card is gorgeous and more lovely papers for me to buy from SU. I love the design, What beautiful RAK you have received too. Zoe is still staying up very late and must admit I've been letting her go to bed anytime. She goes back to school on a Thursday so I think on the Monday I will gradually make her bedtime earlier each night. Hugs, Nikki x

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

That is fantastic! Very creative and so, so, so cute!

Lorie said...

Wowzers! This is fantastic! Way to go!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! I suddenly feel a CASE coming on!

Many Blessings,
M.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is adorable! I just love it. :)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh how caaaaute!!!! That cupcake fold card is adorable!!!! And what a happy mailbox you had!!!

Trina said...

What a lovely card! I just love your cupcake shaped card! Your colors are great, love all the glitter! Beautiful!
You lucky girl...that rack looks great, and aren't images the absolutly best thing to receive!!

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is fantastic, Kristine!! I LOVE it!! Awesome RAK's too!

Diane said...

Oh I love it Kristine! And love the RAK you rec'd too~!
Btw,I didn't have a chance to tell you Thank You for the wonderful Rak YOU sent Me!!! I love,love,love those images,When I have time I will post on my blog !
You are the sweetest Kristine!!
Hugs to you!!!!

Tamara said...

Super Cute! Im totally going to try out a cupcake card! Nice RAK too..I just love stamped images!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous cupcake card. Love it. Must try something like this myself. I'm finding it hard as a teacher to get into a bedtime routine! lol Never mind, it's almost the weekend. Hurray!

Belas Creating Place said...

such a nice RAK for you...Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Bedtime..oh my I am exhausted. One more week and as of Monday it is back to routine.
Hugs, Bela

Debbie Olson said...

I adore your cupcake card--it's perfect!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This card is just so SWEET! I love it (not sure if you broke any rules, but HEY, I won't tell) ;)

As for the bedtime routine, my son is 15 this year, and I am having a TERRIBLE time getting him to go to bed at a normal time again, especially since I work until midnight on line myself most nights. Uggh! :)