Monday, August 18, 2008

A {Blog Candy} Sketch Challenge...

Trina's hosting a blog candy sketch challenge that will run until September 5!! Go check it out...she's offering lots of really cute Sugar Nellie stamped images, papers, clear stamp sets, ribbons and more!

I have a different set of Sugar Nellies than she has, but I LOVE all of them!! So, yes, you are in competition, LOL. You can enter as many times as you'd like, as long as you enter a different card each time. OH, and you don't have to use any particular stamps...just follow the sketch!

OK...ONTO MY CARD:
I used my Sugar Nellie stamp called "Picking Apples," (designed by the lovely Elizabeth Bell). This one pretty much has the "works." I can't think of many more things I could do to this without it looking way over-done. I put sparkly gellroll pens in her bow on the hat, I sewed all 3 layers together using light pink thread and sewing machine. I used mostly my ink pads and an aqua painter to color this image because the dp matched pretty closely with Cranberry Crisp, Mellow Moss, and Certainly Celery. The punch is a Martha Steward flower border punch, which I used on both sides of my middle layer and then tied ribbon around it.

UPDATE ON BIL:
Thank you for your prayers and well wishes for my brother-in-law. They put a stint in and he is expected to go home soon--although he'll be out of work for a little while and has kids still in H.S. and college. Pray for a quick recovery and that God provides the finances needed.

What is with this wierd weather?? It was 108 degrees here yesterday in Central Oregon, and today it's storming--bad thunder and lightening. *sigh* I can't wait for FALL!
Tree
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

7 comments:

Trina said...

Wowwwww, (jaw dropping on the ground)..This is just gorgeous!! I love everything about it!! Your coloring is amazing, and I just what you did with the layout! Thanks for joining my blog candy sketch challenge!

Seleise said...

Kristine, I love both cards. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law and am glad to hear he'll be ok. The card you made for him is just beautiful! I hope all will work out for him and his family.

Thank you so much for the fabulous card and images! I can't wait to play with them.

take care - Seleise

Lorie said...

This is such a cute card! I can't wait to color up my Sugar Nellies!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Kristine! I just returned from a quick trip to AZ to visit my MIL. It's hot here in So Cal, but it's really hot in AZ! Whew! Like you, I am so ready for fall!

I just bowed my head and prayed for your BIL and his family and friends (yourself included) because I know how worrying it is when someone you love is sick. I also prayed again for my friend Nick. His wife is one of my best friends. They were supposed to get the results of his biopsy today. I fear the worst because she hasn't called or texted me, and that isn't like her. I've asked God to show me how I can be a blessing to her and Nick in this terrible time. My mom and my FIL both died of cancer. It's a wretched disease.

On happier subjects, I love your blog and will visit often!

Take care and God Bless,

Lisa

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow, your card for Trina's candy is just gorgeous Kristine, stunning work, Hugs, Nikki x

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh this card is sooo amazing!! I LOVE all the details!! She's just precious and the glitz and flowers so add to her sweetness!!! I'm glad your BIL is doing better, I'll keep him in prayer. And OH MAN!! I'm with you on Fall!!! Although we've had it nice and cool for several days now!!! It's wonderful!!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Another gorgeous card Kristine. Beautifully coloured.