Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An {ATS-14} Sketch Challenge

Remember this set? I L♥VED it when I saw it in the SU! catty and just had to have it. Unfortunately it's been used very little. Sad This dp totally makes me think of gumballs and cupcake sprinkles...so I started out with that in mind, but somehow ended up with popcorn to match the Saffron color in the paper. Anyway, here's the link to All That Scraps challenge blog.

I cut out the machine and mounted it with thick foam tape (out of pop dots). I also used my silver gellroll pen for the metal peices--see how it sparkles? The saying would've been clearer if I stamped it down just slightly, but at least it's in black and still readable. Not sure I'm too happy with the overall card, but it'll do...especially with a bag of microwave popcorn. ☺
  • STAMPS: Treat Yourself (SU!)
  • PAPER: Certainly Celery; Bashful Blue; and dp (SU!)
{{Inky♥Hugs}}
Photobucket

13 comments:

Renée said...

oooh, cute Kristine! Love your use of Amy's sketch too!!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow, this look fantastic Kristine, I so want this dp too, The popcorn sure looks tasty! Hugs, Nikki x

Tess said...

This is a cute card. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fun image. Funky card.

kaleidoscopeimpressions said...

Really fun designs! I adore these cards!
What a wonderful idea to have the prayer request list going. I happen to be on my way to a little prayer gathering right now and will jot these down to offer up to our Lord!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh this is realllllllly cute!!! I LOVE the popcorn inside...so unique and fun!!! And did I miss it before? Your blog header and layout are FAB---U---LOUS!!!!

Sonya said...

Love the bright colors in this card...wonderful!

I gave you an award, check out my blog.

Sonya

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, Kristine!! I love your popped machine, and pretty papers!! So fun!!

Danyelle Kessler said...

I loved this set too! Pretty papers and yummy looking popcorn.

Abra Leah Cross said...

That was one of those sets I *had* to have and then just never used. Sold it at one of my SU! garage sales last year. :)

But, your card is CUTE. :) I like the twist of having the popcorn in the machine. And the sparkles look great.

Lorie said...

This is absolutely adorable! I do love all your cards though!

Diane said...

Great idea,to put it with the popcorn! Sweet!!!!

Catherine said...

too cute =)