Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An Altered Item Challenge

I came across "Little C's Weekly Challenge #3" a few days ago and thought I'd take a stab at it, so I turned this Almond Rocca can...
into

(scroll down for more pics)

Here's how it came about:
Today was "all about the girls" day. I took them to town (an hour away) and went shopping for school clothes. I picked up a really cool pad of pre-cut alphabet letters that are in prints (9200 letters in the pack!) at Wally's for only $8.98!! and 2 spools of ribbon. That's all I got for myself *patt myself on the back* As we were making our way to the kids clothing, I walked right by an end stand with the Cuttle Kids machine--only $15!! and they had packs of dies for only $3!! Too kewl to pass up. (Oh, and btw...we DID buy the school clothes too!)
So we got home and the girls played with this thing for a couple hours! SERIOUSLY--they LOVE it!

Then, my youngest came out of her room with this empty Almond Rocca can that her dad gave her to put "stuff" in months ago, and she was sticking her animals that they cuttlebugged into it.
SO, Light Bulb 2ding ding ding--I got the idea to alter the can for Jen's challenge!! So while the kids played and cut animals out, I decorated the can. The letters on the can are just some of the ones that came in the new pack. There are 3 different sizes in each of the designs--there's a ton of them! Really good deal!!

OH YA, I had to add a couple of their animals they made onto their can--after all, it is THEIR can!! :) Here's a close up:

And here's the top of the lid:
Oh, and here's all their animals they made with it today!!

(there's monkeys, turtles, butterflies and a whale (all done with just the turtle die==Now THAT'S CREATIVE!!), and then there's catepillars and other bugs with party hats on them, etc. Thanks for looking!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh Wow Kristine, the can is so cute. I love the little animals they've made. Such a bargain. Also the pre-cut letters were a great find, Have a great day, Hugs, Nikki x

Trina said...

This is awesome Kristine!! I can't believe you found it at such a great price! And now crafting with your kids will be even more fun!! The can looks great by the way!! I love the bright colors, and it's so cool the way the animals have so many pieces to them!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!!! Your kids are very creative!! Those animals are adorable!!! Your can is pretty FAB too!! Well done!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how ADORABLE! I just LOVE this!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

hi Kristine, thank you so much for your kind sympathy, very thoughtful of you.
your blog is looking fantastic and all your beautiful work, hugzz xx

Seleise said...

oh my gosh - that's adorable and I can't wait to look for the little cuttle kids machine for my niece!!! very creative!!!

scrappernic said...

Too cute! I love your cans :)

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

I love this!!! :)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Kristine! How cute is that can!! And so fun for your girls...what a great mama you are with such fun projects!!! My friend got a Cuttlekids for her dd and she also just loves it!! Gotta start young in training the future designers!!!

Diane said...

You got some really good deals on the cuttlekids!!! I'm sure they are having lots of fun with that!!
Your altered can is so cool!!!
Have a super day!

Diane said...

I gave you an award on my blog Kristine,so hopefully you'll come by and check it out!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

This is fab Kristine. I'll bet that the girls will love using it. Great bargains too.

Rose Ann said...

What an awesome idea, and I just LOVE how it turned out, Kristine!!

Danyelle Kessler said...

Ok, now send me one...but leave the Almond Roca inside, K?

Belas Creating Place said...

These are adorable. What fun.

Dawn Mercedes said...

oh, my dd loves using my die cutting machine...too bad we don't have a walmart near enough to pick up inexpensive dies like this...way to go!