Friday, July 25, 2008

A {Sweet} Sugar Nellie Sketch

Hi...I'm back!! For a short time anyway. This week's been very hectic with VBS, the Co. Fair, and work, but it's been fun too. Well, I got on the Sugar Nellie bandwagon...just tooo precious to pass up! And I still want to get some of those sweet Magnolias too, but will have to wait til after summer. Anyway, here's my first card made with "Sitting with Bear" that I purchased from Funky Kits. I followed this week's sketch challenge SC186, which worked well with this one, as long as it's permisible to scoot the main layer over ;o) I love paper piecing, especially with clothes, so this little girl will be lots of fun!! I also used my sewing machine to zigzag the edges with cocoa brown thread to match. I wanted to figure out a way to put a rug under the chair, but didn't have time to work with that...maybe the next one. The flower is from SU!'s So Many Scallops set, and the birthday saying is too, but I mixed and matched the two to get the look I wanted. OH, and I used the "Rock-N-Roll" technique on the flower =) LOVE that look!

Well, I've gotta leave in 15 to go back to church for a VBS "Family Night" - Wow, what a week!! Hope to see ya back here soon!

10 comments:

thestampspot said...

Kris this is beautiful, you have coloured her so well. Love the paper piecing, fits right in.

:) Marcia

Suzanne said...

So cute! I want some of these but can't decide which ones to get.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is gorgeous Kristine and love the papers and fab paper piecing of this cutie girls top. Love the great sentiment too. Have a little something for you on my blog, Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Trina said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! I love the sketch too!! Aren't these the best stamps ever!! I am waiting patiently for the set #2 of Sweet ebony to grace my doorstep (Mom and I went in 1/2)cause they are crazy expensive!

BTW...there is a BFF Gold Card award for you on my blog!

Abra Leah Cross said...

Oh! She is just adorable! Love the piecing and coloring.

Donna said...

this card is precious! I love these little girls too...hope to get some some day!

Diane said...

Too cute for words!!! Don't we all wish to be rich so we could own every stamp out there!!!!
It's beautiful Kristine!

Seleise said...

love this card, Kristine. It's so pretty with all the different elements. I've got that background paper too but I've never made it look anything as good as what you have here. Awesome!

Rose Ann said...

What a darling card here, Kristine!! I love your coloring, stitching, papers...everything is fab!!

My Paper World said...

I LOVE this card!!!! It's sooooo BEAUTIFUL! xx