Friday, July 18, 2008

A {DINOmite} Sketch

Well, it's funny how my brain works sometimes. I didn't get my baby card made for tomorrow's shower... I'll probably end up doing it an hour before time to go, but I did use this week's sketch challenge #185 to get this birthday card done today for a soon-to-be 4 yr. old boy's birthday. He's from our church and he lets me know (all the time) that his favorite color is GREEN! So, I hope he likes it.

The stamps are from SU!'s Prehistoric Party set. It's hard to see, but I cuttlebugged the Ruby Red strip with the spots and dots folder (? not sure if that's the act. name for it?) and I also added turq. and yellow stickles on the cake icing and the big dino's teeth. I used my sewing machine to zigzag stitch the striped layer to the light blue and added pewter circle brads.

11 comments:

Danyelle Kessler said...

This is adorable! I love all the fabulous details.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

What a fabulous and fun card Kristine, love the great stamp and the pewter brads, Hope your having a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Marcia said...

Kris, I love everything about this card, it is so right for a little man. Love it!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Hi Kristine -- I think this is fantastic! I love that image! I love all the little details too . . . the Cuttlebug embossing, the brads, the Stickles, and the sewing! Very nice!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some comments!!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Coooool image! I've never seen it. Great details on your card!

Jen said...

Cleverly colored Kristine! I love this image... what a great stamp for a lil' boy. He'll be delighted to see his favorite color on there. I didn't notice the embossed red strip until I read that you had done it. Love it. Love those pewter brads too, they actually look like buttons on a kids clothes (the inner part) ya know?

hugs,
Jen

Abra Leah Cross said...

Your coloring is amazing!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh my goodness what a truly AMAZING card!!! Your details are FABulous!! I love the little cb strip!!!

Juliann said...

This is such a cute card!

Rose Ann said...

Adorable card, Kristine!! I love the paper and your wonderful coloring!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is awesome! I have this set too, and I've only used it once so far. You're making me want to pull it out and ink it up! Nice work!