Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A {Cuddly} Color Challenge

This is Emmy with her kitty, Twinkie!! I made this for today's color challenge: Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Pomegranate. Sorry the picture's kinda dark. I used Wild Wasabi double-sided designer paper and just cut slits and fanned them out to make grass. The girl with the cat and the tree are all on pop dots.

COLORING MY IMAGES: As with ALL my images that need coloring in, I stamp them in black Stazon, and use SU!'s watercolor pencils to color in. Then I go over each part with an Aqua Painter (and dab with a tissue as I go along). Works great!! The tissue helps remove the excess water and helps keep the colors from bleeding outside the lines. I find that coloring with the pencils as opposed to ink refills is better because it keeps my paper dryer. This is just what works for me. Maybe someday {in my wildest dreams} I will be able to afford some copics ; P


9 comments:

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

What a cute card! I love all the paper piercing! And I just wanna hug that little girl and kitty!

Sue from Oregon said...

Your coloring is wonderful. I will have to try my pencils again! I love these stamps you are showing also!

Marcia said...

Kris this is gorgeous. I've done mine too (when I can get it up on the blog) and the colour combo this week was perfect. Love your comments about how you colour, but I am a reinker lady. Did pencils at school in art and I think that is why I am hesitant to pick them up now .... memories!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is just gorgeous Kristine, I love these cute characters and your colouring is just fantastic, fab grass too, Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

Oh my goodness Kristine,this is soo
cute! Love that image,and your coloring is fabulous,you don't need
copic markers,you're doing fine with the SU! Love that image,did I tell you I love that image!!!LOL!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Watercolor pencils, eh? Hmmmm... I'm going to have to try that out! You do awesome work!

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable, Kristine!! I love your fabulous coloring, dimension, and cool grass!!!

Shanismom said...

great color combo for this beautiful card.

Chris (catt871) said...

Your colouring is gorgeous!!! Great job - I will have to try my watercolour pencils again! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Chris