Sunday, July 13, 2008

Berry Best Birthday and BLOG CANDY

Hello Apple I got some Magnolia images in the mail from the wonderfully talented and very gracious Nikki--(thanks so much for swapping images with me!) This little girl is just too adorable! The dp is just some of the paper I got at our local scrap store with my giftcard (from my work), and so are the chipboard fruit!
Doesn't this remind you of Strawberry shortcake?
I used SU!'s watercolor pencils and an Aqua Painter to color her in and then cut her out and sat her on the ribbon (she needed somewhere to sit didn't she?) with pop dots behind her. The sentiment is from PTI's "My Punny Valentine" set. I cut it out with an oval cutter and framed with ric-rac.

**BLOG CANDY ALERT** Wanna win some Magnolia stamps and other fun stampin' stuffs? Go visit Andrea's post HERE to enter!!


17 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

oh wow, this reminds me of the days of Strawberry shortcake! How very cute!

Sue from Oregon said...

Kristine, my girls were into Strawberry Shortcake 25 years ago...with matching clothes and watching the videos over and over...where did the time go?! They would love this card LOL!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hi Kristine
This is such a beautiful card, very girly, what girl wouldn't want this? Your cards are all very lovely. Linda x

Bunny B said...

That's a beautiful card!!! I love it!! Very berry!!

Andrea, said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the colours and you have coloured Tilda perfectly.
Thanks for linking to my blog candy, good luck!

Marcia said...

Awesome, love this card and yes Kris, it does remind me of Strawberry!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

OMG Kristine.. this is just totally gorgeous! I just love the yummy colour scheme. You've totally inspired me to use this image again and to recreate something similar as I just love this colour scheme, Big Hugs friend and if you need any more images please ask anytime. Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

She's adorable Kristine! It sure does look like Strawberry Shortcake! Awesome card!!!

Juliann said...

Very adorable!

All Pink girl said...

Adorable card and such a fabulous cake ,love it ,Dawnx

Trina said...

Beautiful Kristine! I love your colors on this image, and that pretty paper!! It does remind me of strawberry shortcake!!

You can order the stamp you were asking about here...
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=594

I got the image from a friend, and I love them and want more!!

Danyelle Kessler said...

I was into Strawberry Shortcake 25 years ago! This is too, too, cute!

Seleise said...

TOOOOOO CUTE!!! I love her perched on the ribbon. And, yep, definitely SS reminiscent. :)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I *heart* Strawberry Shortcake! This is adorable. I love how you did the strawberry on your card too!

Holly said...

Yes, it reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake! My onw girls were more into Rainbow Brite! I just adore how it looks like she's sitting on the ribbon strip! Great job on the coloring too!

Rose Ann said...

It definitely reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake!! Your card is adorable!!!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Hi Kristine, im just admiring this absolutely beautiful card, its so sweet!!!! love all your latest creations, hope you are well, :) x