Wednesday, June 04, 2008

You're a HOOT!

Hi all!! Here's a cute li'l owl (image that Nikki sent me, along with some other jungle images). I needed some end-of-year thank you cards for a couple special male teachers. We've been soo fortunate to be in the school that we're at and have one excellent teacher after another!

Anyway, it's hard to see all the colors in this photo, but the twine is dark purple, and matches the purple stripes and back layers of each sentiment. There's stickles in center of flowers, and my blues match better IRL, lol. I used my snap stamps to come up with a saying for this. I'm sure this was a sketch challenge at some point, but not sure. It just popped into my head and it worked. Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh this is stunning Kristine, Your colouring is just awesome and anyone would love to receive this great card. Hugs, Nikki x

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Love the coloring on *the cutest owl I have seen yet* The photo corners -- I just LOVE making those myself, and the doodling looks terrific around the circles. GREAT job, Kristine! :) Kel

Lorie said...

Love it! It's so beautifully put together! :o)

Belas Creating Place said...

What a cute card...I love the colouring.

I just tagged you to get to know you better too.

Pls. go to my blog and pass it on to 5 people.

Have a super day, Bela

Tammy said...

Totally adorable owl!! Love the layout of the card also. Something different and makes the dp stand out:)

Tammy
SBS4

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

Oooh, how cute. I really like what you've done with this image. Who Who..

~KRISTY~ said...

VERY CUTE KRISTINE! THE IMAGE IS GORGEOUS.

Diane said...

Glad your girls have great teachers,it helps children to want to go to school! I'm sure they will love this card!
It is gorgeous!!!

Trina said...

Great coloring!! I'm very impressed!! Love the layout you used and the whole design! Those snap stamps look wonderful...lucky girl...I've heard they discontinued them!

Marcia said...

Wow, great card. Love the layout and the colouring, you've done an awesome job with this one.

Danyelle Kessler said...

Gorgeous card, so beautifully colored!

Jane said...

Very cute! I bet the teachers loved them. I love the corners with the brads (are they brads?)

Jane
SBS4

Seleise said...

what a darling owl! cute!