Friday, June 06, 2008

Sympathy Cards...

more like "Thinking of You" cards. I really don't like the idea of "sympathy"... especially when it's family members. I had such a hard time coming up with something. I didn't want them too simple as they might look like I didn't put any effort into them. I know I'm thinking too much about it, huh?
Anyway, thank you to those who gave me ideas!! I do get a little frustrated when I find a cute simple card and I don't have a stamp anything like what the stamper used :( I'm really not very creative on my own, lol. So, I went searching for ideas using my sets and here's what I came up with... inspiration came from {teneale}, and Zindorf's masterpieces ; )

Thank you so much ladies for all your warm thoughts and offerings of prayers for my family, and for the encouraging emails. You gals are such a great souce of support and friendship. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. (I know... I'm a li'l sappy today, what can I say?)

I used the same sets for all of these... Baroque Motifs and Garden Collage, both SU!

Now I have to make a wedding card. My hubby's nephew is getting married tomorrow!! No sense in doing now what I can put off doing til the last minute, eh? Isn't that the saying? LOL...haha (no, I know it isn't).

Card 1: Kraft, white & vellum c.s., white embossing powder, white satin ribbon, Papertrey Ink's Butterfly Kisses
Card 2: Blush Blossom & Artichoke c.s., white gel pen, thick pop dots (for bird)
Card 3: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip & white c.s., white gel pen, sponges, chocolate/white polka dot satin ribbon

9 comments:

Smith Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Your cards are beautiful. I especially like the Papertrey butterfly one.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh Kristine these cards are just so stunning. I love them all them all but really love the colour scheme for the last one with the matching butterfly. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

Kristine, these cards are beautiful. I love the way you've used the Baroque Motifs in each, but achieved such a different look for each. LOVE the garden collage one....stunning.

Blessings on your weekend!
Diane

Deb Wood said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

~KRISTY~ said...

THEY ARE ALL JUST TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL KRISTINE!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh but they are so beautiful and sweet and each one is a little hug and help for someone going thru a bad time!!

Deb said...

absolutely beautiful cards, the butterfly is so fabulous, this design could easily be adapted for so many other types of cards

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Kristine, these are all absolutely beautiful. I love the colors you chose, and I understand what you mean when it is someone close to us -- it is difficult to make a nice card. I over think them, too. I am better off making the card ahead of time for no one in particular and later choosing it for someone. :) Doesn't always work out that way though.

P.S.-- Sent you an email, but I am not sure you are getting them. I need your address for the PIF if you are still interested. Email me at Littlekel90 (at) windstream (dot) net

Seleise said...

Sorry for your loss, Kristine. I think you did a lovely job with the cards and I love how different each one looks. That baroque stamp is great. Love the little bird on the "limb" in the pink card. And, the coloring on the butterfly card is stunning!