Sunday, June 08, 2008

A Royal Wedding

My nephew got married yesterday and their colors were dark royal blue with silver accents and the flowers were peaches and mauves. I tried to get a descent picture of this card to no avail. The lighting makes the right side look yellowed, but its not.

I stamped the Stampendous stamps onto shimmery white c.s. (SU!), punched the right side with Martha Stewart border punch, and went around the whole outside of the white with clear stickles. The flowers in the border have clear rhinestones for centers. Her bouquet is actually peaches with a tad bit of rose marker for definition (I know they look light pink here). OH, and all the roses on her dress have stickles on them, so her dress is very sparkly IRL. :D

8 comments:

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the image and the border is so pretty

Abra Leah Cross said...

Beautiful card, as always!

How do you like the Martha punches? I was looking at some yesterday, but couldn't commit until I surveyed some of my blogging friends! :)

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Oh wow, this is stunning Kristine. Love my Matha Punches and must buy some stickles. Hugs, Nikki x

Shanismom said...

beautiful card..love the image.

Diane said...

So gorgeous!! You can see the details when you enlarge the card.
It's absolutely stunning Kristine!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh what an elegant dress!!! The lacy look along the edge is just stunning with the gemstones!!! I bet the bride was just GORgeous!!!

Seleise said...

beautiful card. I, too, have trouble getting just the right light to show off the detail work of stickles and such on the cards. So glad you described it. very pretty!

NormaJ said...

I would love to see this card "in person". I can well imagine it and you did a beautiful job. The dress must look exquisite.