Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Because...

I had the idea in my head to kinda piece the background using my deisgner paper, but I kinda messed up with the placement and colors, but I still like how it came out. I think a long piece should've gone in top right and smaller on the bottom? Then I went back through the sketches to see if it matched a sketch. The closest it comes to is SC21. Picture came out dark, but it's a Wild Wasabi textured cardstock base with a black panel on top and then the wasabi/red layers on top. The bottom right (real red) layer is also patterned paper... can't see that in this pic, but it's the tiny flowers and swirls design. I layered the turtle on So Saffron and Black. This cute turtle is from Whipper Snapper Designs, and the sentiment is from a clear dollar set that my sister gave me. Must be nice to live so close to a CRAFT WAREHOUSE!!! =)

12 comments:

Lorie said...

What a cute card! I LOVE all of it! :o)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh this is just precious!!! I love the dp and the absolutely adorable little guy!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Such a cute image, and I love your little blocked bg. I think it looks great just the way it is. :) Kel

Marcia said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. The colours look fantastic and who would have know you made a boo boo. Not me!

Rose Ann said...

Your turtle is darling, and your coloring is fabulous! Wonderful card, Kristine!!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is gorgeous Kristine, I love the bright papers and your colouring of this cute little guy is just... wow! Hugs, Nikki x

Tamara said...

Love it! I just made a card with the same stamp that you sent me in my "PIF" package ..I love it!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh shoulda woulda coulda, it still turned out perfect!! so cute, kristine!! :)

Donna said...

how utterly adorable is this turtle? love your watercoloring, dp blocks. also your blog banner is nice! I need to update my blog soon

Kecia said...

Hmm...sorry if I leave double comments. I thought I hit enter, but maybe not.

Anyway...it is worth saying two times anyway...you are so talented. The coloring and the way everything is coordinated look fantastic.

Seleise said...

you make such wonderful cards, Kristine! love them all and this image is so fun!

Shanismom said...

Very cute card. love the background and the turtle.