Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Card and Father's Day Gifts

Here's a cute little number I made toady (C.A.S.E.D. from Susiestampalot). I LOVE this polka-dot set, and don't use it often enough. I really needed to get inspired to make some birthday cards for the ladies in my life, and Susie inspired me to get out this ol set again--thanks!! The colors I used are Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal, and Chocolate Chip. I LOVE buttons--don't know why I don't have more of those! ;P The sentiment is from Stylized Flowers by A Chemistry With Paper, and the Flowers are by SU!

AND NOW FOR FATHER'S DAY GIFTS: My daughter (9 yrs) wrote this poem for her daddy and used sparkly gellroll pens to doodle. I plan to make a project later today with this, another poem by my youngest daughter, and the picture you see at the right (he still hasn't seen that one).


And here's one of the gifts I put together for my hubby--I took this picture of him and the girls at the coast a few years ago. He's seen the picture before, but not like this...and I'm sure he's forgotten about it by now. I used my newly found photo editing software to change the picture to a negative and to black and white and printed them--(I'm going for an artistic effect here). I typed a verse and a saying on my computer and put that in there as well.

The verse says "A good man obtains favor from the Lord." Proverbs 12:2 and after Father's Day it says, "May the blessing of being a father remind you of how valued and honored you are in the eyes of the Lord." - created for you on June 15, 2008. And last but not least... I got him a new camera he's been wanting to take on his hunting/fishing trips. It's a Panosic Lumix 8.1 mp.

10 comments:

Donna said...

wow, this is some gift! the frame, not the camera...I'm sure he will cherish it forever. I just had a friend suggest this idea (the same photo in different filters, I was thinking of doing it of my new nephew) tfs!

Seleise said...

what a special gift. awesome! and, love the polka dot card.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

First of all what a stunning card, I love the gorgeous dotty paper and the colour scheme is just yummy. What a wonderful poem your daughter created for her daddy and such neat writing too. I love all the little flower and star doodles round the edge to frame the text. Daddy is just going to love it. Also What wonderful gifts too. A very lucky daddy. Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

Chris (catt871) said...

What a great gift! I'm sure he will LOVE it!!!!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

Great card and gift! Enjoy your flowers popping off the page.

Marie said...

This card is adorable!!! I have enjoyed looking at your blog, you have some great stuff on here!

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE this card!!!

Tammy
SBS4

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, Kristine, the card is beautiful with all the polka dots and layers.

I have to say I totally LOVE this Father's Day gift, too. Wow, I am sure your DH will truly treasure these pics with the girls, and your lovely verses. TFS!! :) Kel

Alexia said...

I also gifted a father's day special card and some gift certificates to my dad on father's day.

Jane said...

Love the polka dot flower card. And the framed photos for Father's Day is stunning. I bet your hubby loved it!

Jane
SBS4