Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thanks...from mini me

My girls say this looks like me...oh good! I'm sending this to my sister as a thank-you for sending me a package, so if it looks like mini me, all the better, lol. (ya, she's still waaay cuter than me!)

Anyway, we finally got our hard drive. Unfortunately, we're having problems. I loaded my Microsoft Office disk, but the photo editor is nowhere to be found :( I use to have another one and I don't even have that. So now, all I have to use is my Photosmart printer editor, which doesn't allow me to add text like I use to for a watermark. And you can't really change the saturation colors etc. I'm really frustrated.

This image was sent to me by Belascreatingplace--Thanks Bela!~ I did have a li'l problem with the black ink running which for most it is hard to tell--the shoes were easy to cover it up, but the mouth and eyes ran, so after it dried, I used a permanent marker and ... ya, it was too thick a line, but oh well.

I don't own any copics, just SU! markers, soI use watercolor pencils and an aqua painter for all my coloring. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to color without water and still get light airy pastels?

12 comments:

Denise said...

That card is so cute, and it does look like you. I like the colors.
Aloha

Yanitza Ramos said...

Hi Kristine,

What a cute card! Loved the stamp and the colors you used. Great job!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

I love this cute image and such a pretty layout. Hugs, Nikki x

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness this is super cute!And you are right...it looks just like you...fun!

Diane said...

Your daughters are right,she does look like you,same beautiful smile!
Your card is adorable!!

Trina said...

Adorable card Kristine!! I think your coloring looks good!! Have your tried chalks for coloring, or you could slowly buy prismacolor pencils...they are my best investment so far!!
I really like the scallops on your card too!!

Heidi said...

Inkyantics.com sells gamsol, which is an odorless mineral spirits. They have information about how to use it with regular colored pencils and it gives a light look to items when they are colored in.

Abra Leah Cross said...

You can use the SU! markers and just rub the ink off onto an overhead sheet or other plastic (like the case to an SU! stamp set) and then use a Blender Pen to pick up the ink and go from there. Perfect pastels - and you can work it like more expensive markers with shading gradients and blending colors and such. :)

Cute card, as always!

Ila said...

Gorgeous!! love the coloring, sweet image(yup..lools like Mom)..and papers!

Donelda said...

Oh my, your girls are right --- this DOES look like you!!! How cute is that!!! and a great card too!!

Seleise said...

super cute - love the coloring. very sweet thank you card!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

ok, yeah. the girls are right. she looks just like you!! ha!! how fun to have your own stamp!!