Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Sketch Challenge

Hey stampers--here's my entry for the sketch challenge about 3 weeks ago SC172. It's been a while since I've done a challenge. Anyway, I turned the sketch upright instead of sideways because I wanted to use this cute image (that was sent to me). I know I shouldn't point out my mistakes, but I'm kinda bummed on this. I color my images using SU!'s watercolor pencils and an aqua painter, but when as soon as I used the waterpen, :( the black outline smeared! I use Stazon so this doesn't happen, but I forgot to ask my sender what ink she used. Oh well, it turned out pretty cute anyway and I guess now I know to use a different method on my other images. The rhinestones in the corners are acutally pink and match really well--just hard to see the color in this photo.

Thanks for looking, and have a happy Monday tomorrow!

11 comments:

sparkplug17 said...

Your card is darling! I love the colors!

Sparkle

Diane said...

It's adorable Kristine,love your coloring and the colors you used!
That bow is gorgeous too!!!
I love that image,it's High Hopes right?

Seleise said...

super cute card. love the ribbon you used to pull it all together!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is adorable, Kristine! I love the High Hopes images, and I would not have noticed the smeared ink if you didn't say something. It really isn't that bad in the picture unless you get close. Beautiful colors, pretty ribbon and rhinestones. Another great card! :) Kel

~KRISTY~ said...

AWWWWW HOW CUTE IS THAT!THAT STAMP IS TOTALLY ADORABLE KRISTINE & THE COLOURING YOU HAVE DONE IS JUST PERFECT.

~KRISTY~ said...

RE:MY LATEST LAYOUT...LOL..NOOOOO IT ISNT A DIGI LAYOUT,IM NOT THAT NERDY OR TECHNICAL MINDED..LOL THE FLOURISHES ARE 2 LARGE RUBONS FROM BASIC GREY & I HAVE APPLIED THEM SO THAT THEY WERE OVER THE PHOTO AS WELL.THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SWEET COMMENTS:-)

Donna said...

this is adorable! love the colors, your ribbon - the flower in her hair!

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable!! I love the colors, your ribbon treatment, and of course your cute image and coloring!!

Marcia said...

Beautiful colouring on this Kris, love the clouds you have out in the sky!

Belas Creating Place said...

Hi Kristine: I am so sorry that happened to you when colouring. I always use "Close to My Heart" Basic Black ink for my images. I will look into Stazon and ask swappers before I do a swap. So sorry.
Bela

Andrea said...

So cute card!

xAndrea