Monday, April 14, 2008

Whispered Prayers

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted something new! We've had crazy weather here; the 1st part of last week it snowed, then it got warm and last weekend it was near 90!! So, we played outside a lot & got a little sunburned. Just couldn't stay in and create with the weather as nice as it was. Then today it hailed!! CRAZY!!
So, I made this card today. I wanted it to be special for my neighbor who has horses. I couldn't find a clear frame at dollar tree like I wanted, so I made a card instead. I love this saying from PTI's "Everyday Blessings" set and thought it would be really cool stamped on top of the horse.

(Some of you might remember my post about my neighbor's husband passing away--very unexpectedly last year. He had a stroke when he was unloading a 4-wheeler off the trailor and he fell head first on the pavement and later died. Really sad. So, she's helping run the cattle business and she's been soo very kind and let our girls go ride her horses and they got to bottle-feed the calves.) Our girls remember her in their prayers at dinner almost every night!

Back to the card: the bodies of the butterflies are clear rhinestones. The B-flies are from Papertrey Ink's set "Butterfly Kisses" and I used the flower patterned ones. Then I used teal stickles in the centers of all the flowers.

I stamped the Baroque Motifs' flourish on the striped bg paper and added a silver heart to the ribbon. What do ya think?

20 comments:

Misti said...

Kristine, I LOVE this card! It is so pretty!!

Marcia said...

Kristine, this is gorgeous, it is going to be well received. Very pretty.

Ila said...

This card is So Beautiful!! the colors and accents are so soft and lovely....and the sentiment is Beautiful!!

Sharon Rivera said...

Hi Kristine! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Very pretty card you posted today!
Hugs!

~KRISTY~ said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SENTIMENT!GORGEOUS CARD KRISTINE!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ahhh, Kristine! Another masterpiece, girl! This is just beautiful. I love this horse (not so subtle hint -- if you are participating in the SBS image swap, I would LOVE to receive some of these -- please don't think I am rude to ask. I don't usually do that). LOL I do love the shades of blue/green, and the butterflies are so light and delicate looking. just gorgeous! I don't think I could make anything as beautiful as this, but I would sure try. :) Kel

Donna said...

this is just beautiful, I bet your neighbor will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is just gorgeous Kristine. I just love the colours and the butterflies. You neighbour is sure to adore it. Nikki x

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

that sounds like Texas weather!! what'd you do, move here and forget to tell me? stunning card, girlfriend!!

Melissa said...

Lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

That is an amazing card. What a fabulous combination of stamps.

Wow!
:-)

Deb Wood said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbors husband!! This card is absolutely GORGEOUS, love the sentiment, colors and the butterflies are awesome!! I totally love this!!

Diane said...

Wow you did a fantastic job! I love it Kristine!!!

Trina said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Kristine!! I love the stamp and the sentiment. The butterflies look amazing, with the amount of dimension you gave them, I thought they were a bought embellishment, not stamped by yourself. I love the added heart in the ribbon..it looks great!
You know, Magnolia is looking for design team members in the US. You would be awesome!!

sparkplug17 said...

The card is gorgeous!

Sparkle

Suzanne said...

This card is so pretty! Love the color.

Seleise said...

love, love, love this card! amazing! the colors are perfect!

Marjorie said...

Beautiful card!!! It's really breathtaking, I'm sure she will treasure it. That's such a sad story, yet it so sweet that your girls remember her in their prayers! I think your card is perfect! Have a lovely weekend.

Katy said...

Kris,
I love this card you made for Marilyn, it is absolutely beautiful!

Andi Mead said...

Very pretty card. I love the color's and the layout. where is the horse stamp from? is it new or old? my daughter LOVE's horses. we are expecting a baby any day. Our Paso was due last Monday. I here they can hold onto a baby for months after their due date :( Taylor is SOOOO excited and anxious.
Another question, is that your cafe in the photo in your blog heading??
Beatiful cards ;) Great Job,
Andi