Sunday, April 27, 2008

Teachers Map the World

Happy Sunday everyone!

Just a note first of all to let you know that I'm done with my little rant and am a little embarrased that I even did that yesterday, I hope I didn't offend anyone!!
SO...with that being said, I have a couple cards to show you today!! My mom has worked as a teacher's assistant for the past 23 years and so she's always asking me for ideas for cards/gifts for the teachers she works with. (she doesn't have internet *gasp* -- I KNOW!! lol) She wanted to come over and make 2 male teacher cards, and since my girls' teachers are both male this year, here's what I came up with:

I saw HP's card on SCS from 2004, which made me remember the stamp I had from an old SU! set called "Peace"- it was a Christmas set.
Although I used blues, I don't know, I hope these aren't too girly?? I'm sooo bad at making male cards except the ones that use elk or fish, lol. Here, I used Soft Sky and Blue Bayou. Both white layers are cuttlebugged with the Spots and Dots folder. The saying, I printed from my computer. What do you think?
The inside will be a thank you (of course). Oh ya, I also posted pics on my family blog from last weekend when my bff from college came to visit with her kids. I set up a seperate blog so I could keep this one mostly stamped creations...I'm sure some of you will appreciate that, lol. (if you'd like to see them, click on the "my family blog" link)

17 comments:

Diane said...

Those are amazing Kristine!!! Love 'em!!!Sure they will too!

Lorie said...

I love this cards...definitely not too feminine! Great job!

sparkplug17 said...

That stamp set is adorable! Love your cards and the colors. Glad you found the Yahoo Group and joined!

Sparkle

Belas Creating Place said...

These are perfect. Very well crafted.
Bela

Sharon said...

No way are these too girly Kristine. They are just fabulous. Making masculine cards can be so difficult, can't it.
Sharon
www.stampin-scrappin.com.au

Seleise said...

very nice cards and great masculine colors!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

I'm sure your kids teachers will just love these two cards. Love the sentiment too. Hugs, Nikki x

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

Great cards and I am behind on viewing your posts and must say, your venting peaked my interest..lol. I hate the but cleavage too!!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

Those are great cards!!! Not girly at all! I love those stamps - very cool!!!!
Chris

Suzanne said...

These are terrific and I don't think they are too girly at all.

Donelda said...

This is amazing!! I love them. How wonderful for your mom to want such wonderful cards to share and for you to make such great cards!!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

amazing cards Kristine :) :) x

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

I think these are terrific, Kristine! I don't think they are too girly at all. I really love how you used the heart stamp with the map and the sentiment . . . I am really sure they will appreciate being appreciated by others!! Brilliant idea. :) Kel

~KRISTY~ said...

GREAT STAMPS KRISTINE THE SENTIMENT IS GREAT!LOVE THE TORN EDGE ALONG THE BOTTOM OF THE CARD ON THE LEFT.

Belas Creating Place said...

Hi Kristine: lovely cards..I love blue and they are two nice shades.

come and join me on NSD for some games and prizes on my blog.
Bela

Allison said...

That is cool...I love this stamp set! This would be so neat for teacher's cards...I am so jealous now!

Joyce said...

Great job on your cards - very pleasing and wonderfully creative. Love them!