Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Paper Tole Technique

Hi all! First of all I want to address the question you've all been asking, or at least most of you are wondering... I'm soo disappointed to tell you this, but "NO"...this blog banner is not my home :( Sure WISH it WAS though!! I'd invite you all over to have a latté with me :P It does look so inviting and cozy...so we'll just pretend ;D

And NEXT, here is my card I did for yesterday's technique challenge #162. I wasn't sure what paper "tole" was, but simply, it's popping up elements of an image to give it a 3d effect.

You can see the images that I popped up better in the second photo. Keep in mind this was my 1st attempt at this technique and looking back, I should've popped up different elements like her clothes instead of her head, lol. OH WELL... live and learn!

I popped up:

  • Her Head & Hair
  • Her Shoes
  • Flowers in her Hand
  • Flowers and Heart on her shirt
  • Heart on the Sentiment
  • Sentiment on the Scallop
  • Scallop on the Card

16 comments:

Deb said...

Such a pretty card Kristine and thank you for sharing the name of that technique, I never knew! I do that from time to time without ever knowing what it was called.

Diane said...

It's so beautiful Kristine!!!!!
I love the image,the dp,oh just everything about it!!

Deb Wood said...

This is sooooo sweet and precious, I looooooooooooooooooove everything about it!! You have me dying for this stamp!! Not that mine would look this good!

Belas Creating Place said...

What a precious card. Would you be interested in swapping images of WS with me for some Bellas or High Hopes? I have one WS stamp too. I can send a little RAK too.
Please e-mail me at:
bela3@sympatico.ca

re line: image swap with WS/HH/SB
Thanks,
Bela

Suzanne said...

This is card is just too cute! Love it.

~KRISTY~ said...

SIMPLY STUNNING!!!! KRISTINE,I LOVE ALL THE POP UP BITS,SHE IS WAY TO CUTE!

Donna said...

this is just too precious, Kristine! love it all

Seleise said...

kristine, this is super cute! love this card and am glad to know what paper-tole is. hmm - what can I use this technique on? I hope I have time to stamp soon!

Trina said...

Beautiful image and designer paper. Love how you did the stiching on the edges. And I think that her head looks cute propped up!!

Denise said...

Love the card, that stamp is so adorable.

sparkplug17 said...

This is so adorable! Awesome work!

Sparkle

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is a REALLY cute stamp. I love the colors you chose, and I really enjoy seeing it up close too. Thank you for taking the extra time to show us how you created your little masterpieces.

Stop by my blog -- there is an award for you there to add to your blog if you would like. :) Kelly

Shanismom said...

beautiful card, love the color combo and the technique.

Ying Pang, said...

I love your card sooooooooooo much !! it's so cute!!

Marcia said...

Kris this looks like you had fun making it. I tackled this challenge to and had a ball. Looks great!

Marjorie said...

She's just the cutest thing!!!! I love the colors, the dimension, just everything! This is an adorable card!