Friday, April 04, 2008

My Family *Tree*

Have you been to the dollar tree lately? It's one of my favorite stores for finding things to alter. I found this cute little wooden tree frame the other day and finally dressed it today.

For the top part, I used designer paper from Imaginisce called "Loves Me" that I bought online at Mothers & Daughters Creations. First, I took the back part off the frame and took out the plastic piece, then layed the tree down on the backside of my dp and traced the outline (just the top part) and the picture holes. Then I used my exacto knife to cut them out. I adhered the dp with really good double-sided tape (pretty much covered the frame really well, esp. around the openings).

For the bottom, I used Close to Cocoa textured c.s. and inked up the Antique Cracking bg stamp with Choc. Chip ink to make it look more like bark. Then I sponged choc. chip ink around edges and spotty on top a bit. I wondered if I should add some prima flowers to this, but I think it would be too much. I sponged celery ink around edges of top portion. It has a "Kick stand" on the back, or a hanger to hang on top. :D It looks nice on one of my new shelves ;P Thanks for dropping by!! Hope you have a super weekend.

12 comments:

Lorie said...

Holy cow! That is GREAT! I may have to see if I can find one of those! :o)

~KRISTY~ said...

WOW KRISTINE WHAT A GORGEOUS KEEPSAKE!ITS JUST PERFECT,GREAT PHOTOS AS WELL.

Kylie said...

I LOVE this new creation of your's, its such a great keepsake, just love how you have altered it, the stamping on the trunk is a fab idea

Deb said...

Fantastic creation, it is so gorgeous, it has given me an idea, thanks for the inspiration!

scrappernic said...

THat is so fun! I will be definitely be checking dollar tree. What fabulous gifts these would make. You did a great job altering it :)

Marjorie said...

Wow this came out terrific!! I love the colors you used and how you put family in the top center photo spot! What a great deal for an item to alter!

Diane said...

How lovely,your family will make any tree look good!!!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh i MUST have one of these, kristine!! it's perfect!! i love it! hugs, sus

Rose Ann said...

Fabulous job altering this great find!! You have a beautiful family!!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is fantastic Kristine, what a great find too. Nikki x

Shanismom said...

great find and beautiful altering.

Dawn said...

Great idea. Just found you through Allison - nice blog!
: ) Dawn