Saturday, April 26, 2008

A little Venting...

I don't normally do this...vent on my blog; however, I'm just fed up with this type of people that I thought, "it can't just be ME that's irritated by this new "fashion" right?" Surely other people will be able to relate! but even not, "It's my blog and I can rant if I want to, rant if I want to, rant if I want to--You would rant too if it happened to YOU!!" (in case you didn't get that, it's to the tune of "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to")

First of all, here are the definitions that I just looked up:

Vent:
1. opening for air: a small opening that allows fresh air to enter or stale air, gas, smoke, or steam to escape
2. release of strong feelings: a release or expression of strong feelings or emotions

I believe either definition would apply. What am I venting about?? Cleavage!! I'm tired of seeing it. Now, I'm not talking about breast cleavage-- I'm talking about the buttox!! With all the hip hugger jean-wearers out there, I've experienced waaaay too many times grown women in their 20s and 30's who wear those hip hugger jeans only to sit down right in front of me and show about the top third of the buttox!! I'm not kidding!! I was at my daughters Spring concert at school a couple weeks ago, sitting in the back when a young lady came in with her boyfriend and sat right in front of me and didn't have the decency to put on a jacket to cover her backside. Before that, I took my girls swimming at indoor Aquatic Center. I was sitting at one of the tables reading a book. At the next table were about 3 moms visiting. Another mom came over to join them, and sat down (again) right in front of me wearing a tank top and low riding jeans and there she was!

Then it happened again TODAY at the park. The girls and I sat on the brick ledge to eat our lunch because all the tables were full. It was the first nice day we've had in a couple weeks after all. When one of the moms went and sat on the pavement, 20 ft directly in front of us, with her backside cleavage hanging out. WHAT IS GOING ON??!?!!! I'm not one to look at people's backsides, but when it comes and plops itself right in front of you, you can't help it!! Forgive me for being judgemental, but holy cow--COVER UP PEOPLE!! You're grossing me out!! OK...I really am a sweet delightful person, honestly I am, LOL. Ok, I'm done venting. And if any of you even THINK about sending me pictures of this grotesquity, OOOOHHHHH!!! Don't you dare!!

20 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

You are too funny, Kristine! I know what you mean, though. My question is, how can that be comfortable to have your pants slide down your back side? LOL

Diane said...

I hear ya Kristine,I feel the same way!!! It is very grosse and they should respect people like us,especially where children are!!
If they think that that is sexy...
HELLO!!!!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

SO FUNNY!!! I feel the same way!! What is worse is the "muffin tops" that hang out the top of those tight jeans!!! ICKKK!!!! I don't need to see yo ass crack!!! LOL Thanks for the laugh!!!

Lorie said...

Okay, I have to say that I am one of those people that love low rise jeans. They are quite comfy for me BUTT (tee hee!) I do NOT let anyone see my "cleavage". I wear long shirts that I either tuck in or make sure to cover my jeans when I sit down OR I try and hike up my jeans a bit when I sit.

With my boys I sincerely dislike all the cleavage...both front and back! Try reminding your 16 year old to look away when they see that stuff...ummmm....tough one!

Here is hoping for a crack free day for you tomorrow! LOL!

Pegg S said...

I agree with you - totally unnecessary! :) However, I thought that time was over of low rise jeans (well the really low rise). I saw something on tv awhile ago saying that waist lengths are going higher on pants/jeans.

~KRISTY~ said...

LMAO KRISTINE...& LMAO AT THE COMMENTS SO FAR IM SURE YOU WILL GET A LOT MORE! I FEEL IT WOULD BE VERY HARD IF ONE WAS A RECOVERING CRACK ADDICT...ITS OUT THERE EVERYWHERE!...LMAO RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Ha, ha, ha Kristine, I was only telling my husband earlier my experience on Wednesday at my daughters mother and toddler group and this lady kept bending over in front of me and all I could see was her bum! Not very pleasant! Totally agree with you! Hugs, Nikki x

Barbra said...

ahhhhhhhhhh yes Kristine I know EXACTLY what you mean. And its not just women, but MEN TOO! Come on you guys we really don't need to see your "moon"! COVER UP!!!
Hugs from the kamperstampr
Barbra

Jukie said...

the only thing worse is low slung jeans, and a g string around the hips.....hello did ya look in the mirror before you left home....:)

Suzie0712 said...

My motto is "SAY NO TO CRACK". The other thing I can't stand is the whale tail from their thong that they choose to wear with their low-rise jeans .. if I need to get my undergarments off with kitchen utensils (tongs) that they are not goung on. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for them but low-rise plumber butt jeans are not the time NOR the place. Keep your crack covered. CYOA - Cover your own *ss!

Rose Ann said...

Personally, I can't wait for the low riders to ride on out of style!!

Juliann said...

LOL!!! Rant on sister! It's your blog!
So funny!
Butt cracks are gross!!!
I stand in agreement!!!
Wait...this cracks me up the most,
"grotesquity"!!!!

Trina said...

OMG Kristine, I am so proud of you to actually say, what I'm sure tons of us are feeling!! It is gross and disgusting, and alot of times, I think these people are wearing clothes that don't even fit them. And I absolutely can't stand it when girls are wearing tops that are too small or short and low rise jeans, and then their rolls of fat are hanging out the sides for all to see, girls if you are reading this, it is very gross, and just not attractive!
This also reminds me of a saying, why buy the cow, if you can get the milk for free! How come everyone nowadays seems to give out the free milk??
Why don't they get it??!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

I totally agree, Kristine. I also think it is disgusting whether they are thin or heavy.

Seleise said...

I love a good rant and this one was great! glad you got it out and working on a college campus - I see it all so I feel your pain! ;)

Linda said...

This venting is totally refreshing and long due!! I think we must be raising a whole generation of female plumbers (I've had numerous plumbers at my house and they all suffer from this same "cleavage" -- not gender related AT ALL)! I'm an old 67 year old and still after all these years can't get used to cleavers showing (top and bottom) and also boy's underwear showing on top of their jeans and hung so low that they can't have anything heaving in their pockets as it will bruise their knees!!!! We just have to hang in there and possibly sit up front everywhere so we don't have to see all of this!!
Linda

Sharon Rivera said...

I agree! C'mon people, cover up...unless you are wanting people to think you are a plumber. ;)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree. I'm sick of seeing men and women, boys and girls wearing their lowriding jeans or their pants down around their knees. It's very low class, I don't care what they wear on TV, movies or music videos. It shows that the wearer doesn't think too deeply or think too much of themselves. Why deliberately handicap yourself? These boys that can't walk because their pants keep falling down would be whining if they had been born without a leg and yet they deliberately handicap themselves by choosing to wear pants that make it impossible to walk normally. And women who cry because they have a big butt or tummy don't mind plopping it all out there for anyone to see with hip hugger jeans and short shirts. I say, "Rant on!"

h2ogardenlady said...

Hi Kristine...I know exactly what you mean...lastnight on the news (here in Oklahoma) there was a woman that was talking about the same thing. Well, she has started making what she calls Butt Bibs.yea...funny huh? So, other people are sick and tired and tired and sick.LoL...of seeing these so called Cracks.LoL Tonight on the news station they said that this site http://buttbibs.com/ had over 1000 hits. SO, maybe...just maybe WE won't have to see such things in the future.LoL...Glad, you spoke up! Patricia H2ogardenlady

Amy said...

Amen Sister! I am a high school teacher and I'm sure you can imagine my daily battle with butt cleavage. (I as call it - *lovingly*) It is incredibly frustrating. I am ready for the low rise jeans to be out. Don't women realize this is the widest part of our bodies and it isn't the most attractive place for our pants to stop? Oh well, what can we do? I try not to be the morality police but it does offend me that women are willing to wear such skimpy clothes. Grown women showing off everything. I don't want my husband seeing that every where he goes! (Nor does he want to see it!) Good rant. Now I'm ranting too!