Sunday, April 20, 2008

High Hopes - Jungle Boy

Well, here's my first card made with my blog candy winnings from Nikki. :D

This spotted paper was in the package as well as some adorable new High Hopes Jungle stamped images--aren't they super cute? I machine stitched the dp to really rust textured c.s. and then adhered it to Always Artichoke card base, which is 5 3/8" square. Choc. Chip photo corners with twine wrapped through and an artichoke strip, cuttlebugged with spots and dots and punched with fiskars fence border help break up all the "spots'. And to finish it off, I wrapped the binoculars thru a hole in the fencing and added clear stickles to both sets of lenses. I think I got a little carried away with my sentiment as far as sponging colors onto it, I kept going and going, but I kinda like it because it makes the boy image stand out from the rest of it. Whadduya think? :D

11 comments:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! I love it Kristine. You have coloured Wally so beautifully and your layout is fantastic. I love the stitching and the green border looks great with the embossing and punch. You make an awesome card! Hugs, Nikki x

Diane said...

He's sooo cute! You did a wonderful job! Love the colors you used,and that sentiment is perfect!

~KRISTY~ said...

OMG KRISTINE!!!! YOUR NEW CARD IS JUST AMAZING! LOVE THE TWINE & THE SEWING & THE COLOURING IS JUST AWESOME!

kaleidoscopeimpressions said...

Your cards are so cute! Just found your blog, gotta tell ya' I'm a pt church secretary for the last 2.5 years - what a great mission it has been for me!
[I'll have to keep track of you!]

Deb Wood said...

Adorable, love all the little extras and the sentiment.

Stop by my blog, I've given you an award. I looked, but didn't see that you had it yet!!

TFS all your wonderful cards! You are an inspiration!

Linda said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!! This is a case where there is never too much! I really like your coloring and each and every one of the elements of this card!! I know that Nikki will so impressed that her candy was so well put to use!
Linda L Bien (SCS)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love this card! The colors are gorgeous, the image is cute, and your stitching is fantastic!

Trina said...

Great card!! Love the high hopes image. Great colors and layout!! And good job using that cuttlebug! You really used alot of different elements on this card, but it looks great!

Ila said...

Wow!! Kristine this is a Fabulous card!! your coloring and design is Awesome! I love your accents...the corners, binos, decorative trim and stitching!!!

Lim said...

WOW!!! This is beautiful. i love the scene that you create.
LOve the colors.
GReat job!

Marcia said...

Can I take hime home!? Love him, he is too cute. The colouring your have done on this is awesome.