Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Double Wammy!!

This is what I call my own personal double whammy challenge, lol.

First of all, I was going for the color challenge this week, which was pretty easy--Celery, Pretty in Pink, and Chocolate Chip. REALLY, how many times have we all gotten out those colors and made a dozen cards--well, maybe not at one time, but that is a very popular color scheme. Not hard right? Well, just so happens that when I went to do a card I realized I had NO TAPE!! NO GLUE either! So, my daughter challenged me to make a 1-layered card. I cringed, I cried, well, not quite ;P But my dd was home sick for 2 days and I couldn't just run out and buy some double-sided tape at the store. SO, here's what I came up with. Ya, I'm not really proud of this one. I'm definately a layer girl :D

OK, *slapping forehead* - Where's my brain...Why didn't I just SEW my layers on like I did in the previous post!! HELLO!!! It was definately a Monday when I made this, Lol. Oh, wait, it was actually a Tuesday, sorry.

STAMPS: Stylized Flowers (A Chemistry With Paper)

19 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Okay, my first look at this card -- I had to catch my breath! I really LOVE swirls and gems on a card, and even though this is one layer. It is terrific!! I am totally a layer girl, too, but Kristine this is gorgeous! Your flower definitely POPS. Beautiful! :) Kel

Shanismom said...

Beautiful card. love the swirl and bling.

Marcia said...

Kris, you have done a great job given the challenge. You're right about the colours, that's half the job done, but how awesome is this finished card.

Diane said...

I adore your one layer card,it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the bling you added in your swirls and the pink in your sentiment...Wow!!!

Sharon Rivera said...

Kristine, this is beautiful...even if it is only one layer!

Bunny Zoe's Crafts said...

This is just so pretty Kristine. I love this colour combination. Hope your daughter is feeling better. Hugs, Nikki x

Kathi B said...

I can't believe you are disappointed with this card. I think it is stunning.

Deb Wood said...

This is really beautiful!! I love the flower and the swirls with the gems. Great job on the double whammy!

Melissa said...

So lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Belas Creating Place said...

what an elegant card....very well done Kristine.

Have a super creative weekend,
Bela

Linsey said...

Well, I would say "mission accomplished!" this is so beautiful and without a stitch of adhesive, FABulous! You challenged yourself and succeded, there is everything to love about this card too! That flower is gorgeous, I love it in chocolate w/ the bling center! great swirls along the top with added bling and your leaves look so wonderful! The ribbon finishes it perfectly and makes this an exceptional birthday card! Great work, tfs and have a great weekend, buddy!

Jane said...

I think you did a great job! No layers is really hard but you did it with class. Love the bling on the swirls.

Jane
SBS4

Donna said...

I think it's fabulous, so pretty

Allison said...

This is lovely!

~KRISTY~ said...

WHAT A GORGEOUS CARD YOU HAVE CREATED KRISTINE,IT HAS SUCH A LOVELY SOFT LOOK.

Deb said...

This card is so beautiful, isn't it amazing what you can come up with when you have something missing?

Rose Ann said...

This doesn't layers....it's so beautiful as is!! I love your flower and the swirls with bling!!

Veronica said...

Oh my gosh, this is simply beautiful. WOW.... I just want to stare at this one all day

Joyce said...

I like this card. Not every card has to be layered. Something different for a change. At least the flower doesn't look flat like mine :D