Thursday, April 03, 2008

Butterfly Kisses

A couple days ago I happened across Melissa Bickford's awesome blog, and saw this card of hers. I love her style...and no wonder--She's a Papertrey Ink Stamp Designer!!

When I sat down to create this card today, my computer was down, so I was trying to go by memory and combine what I remember her card looked like and this other card of hers. These are my absolute favorite cards so far. Anyway, other than my dimensions being a little off, I came really close to it. I am not ashamed of copycatting here because I LOVE these cards so much. As long as you give the person credit ;) I think CASEing is just fine. So there you have it! :D

STAMPS: Butterfly Kisses & Everyday Blessings (Papertrey Ink)
INK: Certainly Celery; Rose Red (craft)
PAPER: Miss Elizabeth's "Petite" pack; Rose Romance & Whisper White (SU!)
ACCESSORIES: rhinestone stick-ons; black marker (for antenaes); clear stickles (flower centers); white grosgrain ribbon; paper scoring (I don't own any nestabilities so I faked it!)

17 comments:

Tammy said...

LOVE this color combo! I would have never thought to put the 2 together. The butterflies and "bling" are the perfect finishing touch:)

Tammy
SBS4

Diane said...

I totally love it Kristine!!! I adore your butterflies and of course the bling!!! Great card,I might have to try that too!!!

Allison said...

This is stunning...truly a winner by any standard!

Seleise said...

wow - absolutely beautiful! love the colors and love the life you've given the butterflies. beautiful!!

Jill said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colors and the bling.

Shanismom said...

pretty card. love the butterfly kisses stamp, rhinestones.

Deb said...

That is stunning, what fabulous butterflies! I think it is fine to case as long as you give credit too.

Trina said...

Wow, I really thought you had invested in some nestabilities!! Looks great, I wouldn't be able to tell!
Love the brads on each of the butterflies, it makes them look so real!!

Deb Wood said...

This is gorgeous and I love the butterflies!! Great job!!

Marcia said...

Kris this is gorgeous, the colours are so special. Love the sentiment too.

~KRISTY~ said...

THOSE BUTTERFLIES ARE JUST STUNNING KRISTINE,GORGEOUS CARD!

Anonymous said...

No nestibilities and it turned out this great? I've got to try this too it's a wonderful card and I love those gorgeous butterflies!!

Marjorie said...

I LOVE your butterflies, and the colors are so fabulous!! This is such a beautiful card I can see why you wanted to case it! Beautiful work!

Corie said...

This is so beautiful!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors and bling!

Rochelle W said...

Very very pretty.

Michele said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE this card!!!