Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday Magnolia

Hi. Can you believe that amazing blog candy over at Katharina's??!! You can read about it in the post below. I just found it, so I'm still buzzed about it, heehee. :D

Anyway, this little cutie was in my stash of stamped images from Trina. I added a nose and a smile to her--just thought she really needed that, and I was right. I actually practiced with vellum over the top first!

I followed the sketch challenge from last week, #172. Very easy sketch, I might add. The colors here are Pixie Pink and Green Galore, and some dp with those colors in it. I ran the pink layer through my cuttlebug with the birthday folder, and since I was out of glue or tape, I machine stitched the layers--I knew it was good for something!! LOL.

The girl image is held on with pop dots. I added clear stickles to the scallop border on the cake as well as the plate--don't know why, just love glitter, :D Wish I had some pink embroidery thread--I would've made little bows for her ponies. Maybe next time. Thanks again Trina for stamping me some of these adorable images!!

21 comments:

Denise said...

Such an adorable card, love the colors, the cuttlebug background looks great.

Trina said...

Wow, I can't believe how busy you've been!! Great job on all these cards! Sorry it took me so long to get here to see them!
Love her smile!! Love your colors! Love this card!!

Melissa said...

WOW! Your coloring is awesome. What kind of inks are you using? And are you using an aqua painter or a blender pen?

Thanks so much!

Many Blessings,
M.

Sandra Smart said...

Thank you for the kind comments about my tiles! Your cards are adorable!

Diane said...

Oh Kristine,she's super duper adorable,the nose and smile adds so much to her caracter!!!
Lovely card!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Very cute! I would not have known she wasn't smiling from the beginning...good thing she met you..she's adorable..so is your card!

Ila said...

So Cute and Fabulous!! I love the face you gave her...she's adorable!!

Lim said...

I love thi scard. The combination of colors is beautiful and is nice to see Tilda with nose and a smile.
Great job!. I'm glad that I found your blog, thanks to Deb.

Lim

Lauren said...

This is super cute - great job with the layout and coloring!

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable! I love your coloring, embossing, and sewing!!

Linda said...

Great card. She is sooooo cute. Her little smile is just right.

Laura said...

This is so super sweet, Kristine. I love your coloring, I need a lesson!
Laura

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Such a cute little girl. The icing looks so pretty, too. The nose and smile really make it special. I love all of your cards, you know, and this is no exception!! :) Kel

MichelleO said...

Very cute! Well done with her smile. I have this Tilda on order! Can't wait to get her!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a yummy card, love your coloring and the pink and green are such a fun color combo.

~KRISTY~ said...

TOTALLY ADORABLE KRISTINE,THE IMAGE IS JUST THE SWEETEST,AWESOME JOB ON THE COLOURING,HER LITTLE SHOES AND SOCKS ARE JUST SOOOO CUTE.

Ying said...

How adorable. Love your colors and coloring. Love the added nose and smile.

sparkplug17 said...

Very sweet! Love the pink and green. And great job adding to the face! Great work on your card.

Sparkle

Erin... said...

This is too cute!! I love your coloring especially on her cheeks!! Thanks for stoppin by my blog:)

Shanismom said...

Very cute card... beautiful color combo and embossed background.

Marcia said...

Great use of your bug, it works well with this card. Love it!