Friday, March 28, 2008

Nope, Make That Three...

...Horse cards in one day :D

For this card, I used this week's Color Challenge, #159 which is Soft Sky, Going Grey, and Whisper White--and I've gotta say, it's perfect for this horse image. I was wanting to make a grey horse anyway, and if you read my first horse post, you'd know that my neighbors have 2 horses; a brown one named Eagle, and a grey one named Grey. (He actually has a long name with 4 or 5 names, so we just shorten it and call him "Grey".) So, here's to Grey!

I used my new cuttlebug folders here, paisley and spots and dots. The soft sky c.s. is textured--I LOVE the textured cardstock, don't you? Anyway, I watercolored this guy on whisper white and after mounting, I added these westerny diamond brads since that corner was kinda lacking.

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's set, "Year Round Puns"--I like the font on it. This card's going to my long-time friend of 21 years, Katy. She's in college right now and this summer is going to work on a ranch in Montana! Thanks for dropping by!

EDITED TO ADD: For those of you trying to find this Serendipity horse stamp at MDC, it's on order but you can email her and get on the waiting list for it! ;) Here's the link: http://www.mothersdaughterscreations.citymax.com/catalog/item/5468893/5402420.htm

14 comments:

janet said...

I love, love, love the horse cards!! Amazing!! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find yours!!

beate said...

Oh my goodness. This looks fantastic, Kristine! And come on....I bet you can make gray and yoyo look good!!! LOL I dare ya!
Your other two horse cards look fantastic too. That image is beautiful!
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Lorie said...

Oh my gosh! They are all just fabulous!

Melissa said...

Wow! This is lovely!

M.

apigonfire said...

Wowzers!!! I love the grey and the soft sky with this image! That sentiment is so beautiful - I'm thinking that I need to place an order with PTI! I covet the new PTI colors and I've been dying for a couple of sets! Can I blame you? LOL!
Gorgeous card - I'll drop by again soon!
~Kendra

Tamara said...

Wow, all three of the horse cards are gorgeous! I do love the colors of this one - great job on the color challenge! Thanks so much for your order from MDC - we are happy to see these stamps put to such wonderful use!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! wonderful soft colours for this stamp!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Hi Kristine, what stunning cards you have been making!!!! thanks for popping by with get well thoughts, much appreciated :) x

Marcia said...

Wow!! I have had this colour challenge sitting here for a few days - you have inspired me to get this finished!

Suzanne said...

Loving the horse cards. Great stamp. Can't decide which I like best though.

Jane said...

I love all the horse cards...but this one is my favorite! Great job.

Jane
SBS4

Deb Wood said...

Fabulous,love the brads you chose and the CB looks amazing too! I am so in love with these cards They definitely warm you heart and it's the most beautiful horse image I have ever seen!!

Trina said...

These 3 horse cards are all amazing!! I love how each card looks different! That horse image is so realistic looking. You did a great job coloring it!!

Shanismom said...

beautiful card and love the color combo.