Friday, March 28, 2008

A Horse Named Eagle...

Funny name for a horse, huh? Kinda like my cat named "Squirrel" -- really!! My cat used to sit up on her hind legs and eat with her two front paws...didn't work so well with canned food, lol.

ANYWAY, this horse image resembles our neighbor's horse, Eagle, except he has black hair. He's a beauty, and so his brother, Grey. Maybe I'll make him next! :D This is for my horse-crazy niece who's coming to visit for half the summer again. She's so excited to ride horses and go swimming at our new Aquatic Center.

This image, called "Mustangs" is from Mothers & Daughters Creations. I saw this gorgeous horse on Lynda Benden's blog and HAD to get it. I used SU! Double-sided paper pack called "Outlaw" and I used SU!'s "Baroque Motifs" swirlies on the striped paper. The base and frame is textured Choc. Chip. I used my silver with brown flowered corner brads that I received from my secret sis, Kandi Kwirant--THANKS SO MUCH KANDI!! And now for my "mess up" :( I used choc. chip ink to stamp "Friendship" at the bottom, but it didn't show up with the brown pattern, so then I stamped white craft over it, which did NOT do it justice--blah, yuck!! So, I resorted to stamping black craft over the white. It shows up, but I'm not crazy about it. I would prefer to have the brown, but oh well. My 13, soon to be 14 yr. old niece will love it. :D Now I have to go back to work. Hopefully my craft room will get done SOOON!! Hubby's been too busy to work on it. But I love him anyway. :P

OH, BY THE WAY... WOW! You gals really like my new template, huh? Thanks for all the comments you left me. I've never had so many comments, and every one of them were very positive, so I guess this is here to stay...for a while anyway. you all know how I love change ;o) CiaĆ³ for now!

8 comments:

~KRISTY~ said...

OMG KRISTINE!!! WHAT A GORGEOUS CARD! WOW!THE HORSE IMAGE IS AWESOME.

Diane said...

Beautiful Kristine!! Love the paper you used! Funny name for a horse!!!

Lynda said...

Oh my Kristine, you did a fantastic job with the horse! I just LOVE it! Thank you so much for letting me know you had posted using this stamp! I'm so glad I checked it out!! Great job!

~Lynda

acreativeneed said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is fantastic! I'm putting this one in Today's Faves on my blog! Now that I've discovered your's I'll be back!
Deena

sparkplug17 said...

All of your cards turned out amazing! Great work on all of them.

Sparkle

Erin Bigler said...

Stunning, Kristine! Just beautiful work! Think I gotta get ME this stamp, too...thanks for the info!

Marcia said...

Kris these horses are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Jean said...

That horse is fabulous, well of course your card makes it that way though! Great coloring.