Saturday, March 29, 2008

Double Technique Challenge

Today was nice. The girls and I worked hard this morning getting the house cleaned so they could have a friend over this afternoon. So while they played, I decided to get caught up on some challenges I've been wanting to try! This card combines TLC160, which was to use the Negative Cuttlebug (? did I say that right?) and TLC161, which was to make a Flap Fold card.

The first part was so fun. I used my new cuttelbug folder in a way I've never even thought of. I inked up my brayer with Regal Rose and brayered right onto the negative side of the inside of the folder! Then I washed it off right away so the ink wouldn't stain, however with the classic ink I doubt it would stain it. Then I inserted my pretty in pink c.s. and ran it through the CB. After I cut off the "messed up" part and added some scallops I thought it was waay too much pink, so I "grounded" it with some Wild Wasabi--LOVE that color! ;D

Then I remembered this week's TLC was to create a flap fold card, so I went for that. My measurements are not the same as theirs because I didn't want to cut my pretty embossed paper down, so mine is 4.25 wide instead of 3.25. The flowers on the scallop are from the "Stylized Flowers" set from A Chemistry with Paper. I stamped the large flower onto the pink circle then stamped the smaller one on a scrap piece, cut it out and mounted on top. This card does not use anythign special to close it but I didn't want to add ribbon around the whole thing. I used temp. tape for the picture, but I'm sure I'll find some way to close it before mailing :D

10 comments:

Jean said...

Wow love that effect with the ink and the cb, I have tried but it didn't work like this. What is the trick? Your card is wonderful, love how you finished the inside. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Diane said...

Oh my your cb looks like dp!!!
Your card is fabulous !!!!

Deb Wood said...

This is really pretty!

Trina said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I always forget about alot of the challenges, or don't have time to do them, but I followed your link, and now maybe I will have to try them again. You did a great job on both of these challenges! Love the reverse cuttlebug background. Thinking about trying that out right away!

~KRISTY~ said...

OMG! HOW AWESOME & GIRLY IS YOUR NEW CARD CREATION?! LOVE THE FOLD KRISTINE!

Diane said...

Hey Kristine,check my blog cuz I tagged you,if you want to play that is!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, Kristine! This is gorgeous! I just love the pinkNESS of it. LOL So girly, soft and pretty. Just terrific!!

Ila said...

Oh Wow!!..this is Gorgeous...I love the colors and the way you popped that Fabulous flower!!!

Deb said...

Such a beautiful card Kristine, love this style, must try that out!

Donna said...

wow! this is just STUNNING, the CB negative effect with this folder is FABULOUS-I STILL need to try this card design