Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trust in the Lord...

That's what I've been doing wrong this week. I'm not trusting the Lord to get me through. This week has been overwhelming for me. I was sick with the flu last week, and as soon as I went back to work Monday, I was overwhelmed with tons of typing for both my jobs (I'm secretary for 2 churches). They both require a monthly newsletter to go out this week, and one boss decided to write a book for his write up--it's seriously 8 pages of pure 12-font typing! (Edited: it's now 12 pages long!! HELLO--what is he thinking??!!) Then I have to add in calendar and articles of happenings. This is very unusual, but he wanted it in there! We also had about 15 people come in on Monday wanting/needing food bags. Don't get me wrong, I love to be able to help them out, however, the way our church pantry works, is we let them choose what they want to fill their bags and it can take quite a while, so very little work got done. Now I'm cramming--working on typing til about 10 p.m. last night and I'll be up later tonight working. It's kinda like when you don't have the money to fill your gasoline tank, so you keep stopping and putting about $5 in at a time and you never get very far. Constantly wondering when you're going to run out and worrying where you'll be when it quits! Ya...that's how I feel. I really need to get energized but the work's not done.

What am I neglecting to do? Take time for myself? Spend quality time with my family? Spend time in prayer and devotions? ALL OF THE ABOVE!! So, I'm just letting you know that I will prolly not be posting again til next week, or maybe the weekend? I need to get this work done, and then recuperate and get re-energized.

Oh ya, about this card... almost forgot! I made this a few weeks ago for my secret sister, TA. Her favorite colors are browns and burgundy. I like this verse, so I printed it with my computer and used glitter pens to doodle the flower border. The top floral layer and the Artichoke are actually cut in an oval, creating a frame for the verse underneath. :) Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

Lorie said...

That is a great card! I'm always afraid to use paper that busy but you did a great job!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow, Kristine! You are busy, and I pray that everything falls into place for you. This card on the other hand, it truly gorgeous!! I had to look closer at your flower doodling. It is really very nice. I thought it was a stamp at first. Great job!!

My Paper World said...

Lovely verse and beautiful card Kristine!
In response to your question, I am happy for my sketches to be interpreted anyway you like!
I hope that you get all your typing done soon, so that you can spend some time with your family!
Nicola xx

PATTY said...

was browing through your blog and you do such beautiful work. Thanks for the history lesson the "X and O".

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

I just love this verse and love your card =)

Donna said...

wow gorgeous! one of my favorite verses - take care of yourself! we will be here when you come back

Deb Wood said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, this is absolutely gorgeous, love the colors and DP and that doodling wow!!!

Marcia said...

This card is magic! I love it, the busy paper, the saying, everything.

Pray that this week coming is a better one.

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful! Sorry about everything being so busy for you!