Sunday, February 24, 2008

A TISKET, A TASKET...

I MADE A BASKET!!
And YOU can too! Get out your favorite color of 12x12 cardstock, a glue stick, 12"cutter, and some ribbon, and then go follow Laura Canale's tutorial <HERE>.

I have to say, I wanted to add strips of turquoise and more purple to go with my ribbon but couldn't picture what it would look like, so after the tiny purple strips I chickened out and went all green for the rest (Gable Green, textured c.s.) Oh well. Next time I might stick to all one color :o) These are so easy to make, although takes some time. I love Laura's finishing strips--makes it look like a real basket! THANKS LAURA!!

17 comments:

Donna said...

this is so cute! I want to try one soon

Laura said...

OMG, this is so adorable, you did a fabulous job! I found your blog from your previous comment and I will definitely be stopping back by, you make me feel like an old friend, corny, yes...but the truth. Thank you so much for sharing your finished basket with me! Have a wonderful night!

Trina said...

What an awesome basket. When I looked at it, I would have sworn that it was NOT made out of paper. You did a great job on it!!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oh, Kristine! This is just adorable. I love the colors, and I think you would have done just fine with a little more purple. Everything you touch looks terrific, doesn' it?! :) At least what I have seen sure is. Thanks for sharing these. Have a GREAT week! Your bloggin' sistah!!

~KRISTY~ said...

& A GORGEOUS BASKET IT IS KRISTINE! LOVE IT!

Ila said...

Fabulous Basket!! what a great idea ... it would make a lovely easter centerpiece!!

Diane said...

That is soooo neat Kristine!!! It sure doesn't look like paper! It's
beautiful!!!

Catherine said...

too cute!

My Paper World said...

Such a cute project! It turned out so pretty!
Nicola xx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh wow! This is soooo cute! Good timing with Easter coming too.

Michele said...

This is sooooooo cute!!!! It really does look like a basket!

Shanismom said...

beautiful basket, love the colors.

Tracey said...

Very creative looks fantastic!

Diane said...

Hope you're ok Kristine,have'nt posted in a couple of days,just wondering.Hope you're just busy and not sick. Have a great week!!

Carol said...

What a cute basket! I would have never guessed it was made from paper when I first saw it.

Seleise said...

what a great basket!!! I love the colors you used and it's so super cute!!!

Lablady2007 said...

this is a must do ..I'm thinking fall colors with leaves.....woooo !