Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Special *THANK YOU*

Well, I usually don't like to announce who a card is going to before the person gets it, but I just HAVE to share this with you. My secret sister, Kandi, sent me this amazing CUTIE PIE of a girl from Whipper Snapper Designs, so I just had to sit down and make a card with her. I used this week's sketch challenge, found <HERE>

In my "reveal package" she also sent some stickles, which I've applied to all the flower centers, and these cute silver corner brads! As always, you can click on her to enlarge the picture. The designer paper is from a pack that my sister Kathy sent me for my birthday and is called "Miss Elizabeth's." The sentiment is from the SU! set called "Noteworthy"and the zig zags are clear stamps from Inky Antics.

THANK YOU KANDI for being such a terrific "sis" - hope to stay in touch!!

EDITED: I was asked what size this card is... the base (white here) measures 5 3/8" when folded so that it fits into a 5 1/2" envie. TIP: If you don't have a square envie, see instructions below:

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN 5 1/2" SQUARE ENVELOPE: I apologize for blurry pictures! Hope you can still see enough to get you through. These instructions are to make a template--of course your real envie won't need to have all these markings and folds.

Start out with an 8.5" square sheet of copy or printer paper.

Fold in half diagonally, open up and then fold other corners diagonally.

Mark where your center is with a pen. Then with a ruler, measure on the fold lines 1/2" from the center. Do this on all 4 fold lines.

Bring a corner across the fold line up to your 1/2" mark and crease. Open up that flap and do the same with the next corner, repeat with all corners.

On my template, I drew black lines so you can see the folds, but this is not necessary on yours. With scissors, cut out the nothces wherever the fold lines cross. There will be 4.

Fold in 2 opposite sides and put some permanent tape under the tip of the overlapping corner.

Now run tape along both edges of the bottom flap (facing up) and bring it up and rub over the outside. YOU'RE ALMOST DONE! Insert your 5 3/8" square card, run permanent tape along both edges of remaining flap and fold down!! Wha La!! :)


17 comments:

Allison Cope said...

What a sweet card! What a nice Secret Sister you had!

Suzanne said...

What a cute card! Now I have to go look for that stamp and those brads too.

Juliann said...

Great card!!! So springie!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the mix of papers and colors, what a great card, you coloring of the image is fantastic.

Trina said...

Your card is amazing!! I love how bright and fun it is!! Great image, wonderful coloring, and your layout rocks!!

Donna said...

this card is C-U-T-E! I bet she's going to adore it!

Keryn Campbell said...

That is just the cutest image. Gorgeous colours too.

~KRISTY~ said...

OMG THAT IMAGE IS JUST DARLING,YOUR COLOURING IS FAB!THE ZIG ZAG LOOKS GREAT AS WELL REALLY FINISHES IT OFF! TOTALLY LOVE IT KRISTINE!

Melissa said...

So sweet!

Katharina Frei said...

What a gourgeous card Kristine!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love your work and will check back again soon!
Have a great weekend!

Diane said...

I forgot,what size of card is that?
I like it!

Diane said...

Awwww!! She's soooo cute,lovable,
adorable!Love all the layering and the beautiful colors,you're awesome
Kristine!!!

Seleise said...

The envelope tutorial is great. can't wait to try it! And, the card is fabulous!

Diane said...

Oh wow,great tutorial for the env.,
Thanks!!!! Thanks alot for the plug,lol!!! You're so sweet!!
Hugs to you!!!Love the song you have on your blog!

Deb Wood said...

This is the sweetest card evah!!! I totally love it, that stamp is sooo adorable, the paper is to die for, love the zig zag stitches and the corners!!! I'm going to have to check out Whipper Snapper!! Oh and a great tutorial to boot!! You are FAB!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh....this is soooo cute!! I love it!!

Catherine said...

thanks for posting the envies and the card is so adorable!